Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody recommend some good tie down bracket for a 2013 Road Glide Ultra front and rear? I thought I saw some that mount on the lower forks and allow ya to tie down without compressing the shocks but I cant find em anyplace?

·
Registered
655 Posts
I assume to trailer...

before installing biker bar, with bike in wheel chock, I would wrap a strap around each fork leg just above fender mount and hook out and forward. In the back, I would run a strap through rear wheel and hook out and rearward. You’re likely going to get about 100 different responses but this is the technique I used.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is to a trailer. With the bat wing I was able to use mounting brackets, but not possible with the road glide.

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I've never seen those brackets for a Shark. Fairing is in the way. I use a similar method to what berndt did before He got His biker bar. Chock in place. A strap through the front wheel and around the chock to keep it in the chock. Two pulling from the front forks forward and out, two more from the frame downtubes to the same location. In the rear, one on each side through the back wheel to keep the rear from bouncing side to side.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I've seen a mount that attaches at the tank mount location, that has an eyelet in it to attach a strap.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the wheel chock and the existing D ring installation is fine with the road glide. This is a folding trailer that I bought for $400 bucks and it was used only 3 times. The only modifications I've made are the D rings and the Wheel chock. This is a deceptively sturdy trailer.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
You don’t need anything fancy. Just do like @Ohiobellboy said. Just spend money some good straps.

Don’t mind the second set I have coming off the engine guard. It was over kill cause it was going to be raining when we left and I had just got a new set of straps and wasn’t sure if the would stretch when the got wet.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You don’t need anything fancy. Just do like @Ohiobellboy said. Just spend money some good straps.
View attachment 412743
Don’t mind the second set I have coming off the engine guard. It was over kill cause it was going to be raining when we left and I had just got a new set of straps and wasn’t sure if the would stretch when the got wet.
This is how I used to do it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts