Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just recently acquired a 13' Road Glide Custom to add to the stable. I also have acquired some parts from my father. One of which happens to be a set of 14" apes. The center width on them is about 14.5 inches and they have a bend in them like the Carlini gangster apes do, but it's more pronounced like the bend in the Street Glide bars. I'm not entirely sure if they're going to fit my bike and I don't have the bike here with me to check. Does anyone happen to know what the maximum center width is that I could work with?

Attached are some photos.

Best

Attachments

·
Registered
985 Posts
I know you can put stock Ultra bars on a 13 and down RG and they will work if that helps. They stick out a little from the speedo/tach but fit inside the fairing fine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know you can put stock Ultra bars on a 13 and down RG and they will work if that helps. They stick out a little from the speedo/tach but fit inside the fairing fine.

After doing some digging based on your response, I was able to dig up the following photo.

I love that look, and the fact that I can still get the pushed forward look with nearly completely vertical rise. Mine may in fact be about that same size, but have no way to find the owner of that bike. I would prefer maybe an inch off each side at most on those bars in the photo.

Going for that same look with these.

Best,
Nick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For those curious, my bars will fit. They're a bit wider than most bars, but not too wide as to look obnoxious. I'll grab a measurement of the max width later this week due to my bike being at the dealer for brake issues. I'm sure it will help a few if the maximum width is readily accessible here in the forum.

Can't wait to do the install....sarcasm intended..

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just need to check the full turn clearance at the tank. I think that would be the closest pinch point(?)

I'm not sure if the point of shortest clearance is the tank or the fairing. I'll measure when I get a chance and make it public knowledge.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Good luck. Mock them up, and if you like the look and they don't hit anything at full swing both directions, your good and go for it! Free bars are a plus too!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ordered everything for the install (cables/electrical). Should arrive monday. I will be pulling the front end apart shortly to get everything installed. Based upon what I see, it looks like they'll look fine and clear easily. I'll take some pictures of everything once it's buttoned up and back together.

I opted for braided lines and will be routing everything in the stock locations for the cleanest/factory look possible.

Best,
Nick

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here's some pics. Will take more when the sun goes down. Too much glare.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Here's another of the whole bike. I think the bend in the uprights really makes these pop! The install was pretty straight forward. The guides on this site were everything I needed and more.

Thank you again everyone. If anybody has specific questions I would be happy to address them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts