Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 13 RGU and I’d like to replace my stock seat. I do some 2 up riding but I’m looking to get lower to the ground and back a bit to stretch my legs some. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I sent mine to Mean City Cycles. They did a good upgrade, lowered & moved me back for around $200.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
the cvo seats will fit that bill. sit you down lower, still fairly comfortable, and you'll be able to ride pillion. the downside is that the pillion itself is almost as expensive as the seat. by itself, the seat is reasonable.

i think the best option for comfort is the 2012 versions. some of the later ones are a little 'skinnier' and don't provide quite as much comfort.

i used the brown one (52000043) on my 2013 cvo as i felt the brown leather was a better match to the roman gold/burnt emerald paint. gave the seat to my wife for her to use on her 2012 custom. had the seats for about 6 years before the foam broke down enough to affect the comfort.

using a c&c solo now and find them to be very comfortable, low, and do not push you forward. however, they are solo and would not look right on your ultra unless you got the passenger pillion too, and they would be even more expensive than the cvo seats.

for good pricing on the cvo seat, contact brian marshall at hornytoadhd. [email protected] or 254-743-7200.

Product Font Rectangle Parallel Circle

don't remember who it was, think it was oclaf who bought the cvo takeoff from amazon, $169 for the seat and the pillion. i think he was happy with it, though don't know how it will hold up for the long haul just yet.

Reactions: Zekedogg

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Demo an HD Tallboy seat. I changed to one on my '15 RGU and hung the stock Hammock in the garage.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Demo an HD Tallboy seat. I changed to one on my '15 RGU and hung the stock Hammock in the garage.

Sent from Tapatalk. probably while pooping.
I Demo’d one last Saturday. I liked it, I’m just hesitant about HD seats. My stock one came apart at the seams after one year 5000 miles and I’m only 200 lbs. I stopped at the HD shop and got sorry wear item

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I Demo’d one last Saturday. I liked it, I’m just hesitant about HD seats. My stock one came apart at the seams after one year 5000 miles and I’m only 200 lbs. I stopped at the HD shop and got sorry wear item
Well that dealer certainly sucks. That or HD is clamping down on warranty items. I had the Hammock on my '11 CVO split at a seam and the service manager at my old dealer (now closed) looked at it and said no problem. I can't blame you for being gun shy about the HD seats then.
I bought the demo Tallboy from my dealer when they were going out and took it to a shop about 30 minutes away. I had them recover it and add an inch of foam in the back for the wife (spoiled on 9 years of Hammock seats) and it came out great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts