Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello friends. Been lurking for about a year now. I have a 13rg and had my mind made up on the sleekness of a razor tourpack then I started seeing the 14+ tour pack sizes. The 14+ chopped looks really small. So question is sizes of 13 razor vs 14+ chopped what's the size difference. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I had a razor on mt 09. I put a new style chopped on my 15. It holds much more than the razor and still looks good. I forget what the specs are, but I wanna say that the new chopped has at least twice the CI. Do a search, the specs are out there, I found them on the interwebs.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Hello friends. Been lurking for about a year now. I have a 13rg and had my mind made up on the sleekness of a razor tourpack then I started seeing the 14+ tour pack sizes. The 14+ chopped looks really small. So question is sizes of 13 razor vs 14+ chopped what's the size difference. Thanks

14+ TP's are all much larger ci's than the previous versions prospectively by quite a bit. I have a 14+ King on my 2012 and because of the new shape and the way I have it painted people comment all the time on how it doesn't look like a King TP at all but I can put 2 full face helmets in there if I want. Love having the extra lockable space. I know the Razor and Chopped TP's look sleeker but the reason I went with the king is that if it is detachable anyway, I would rather have something that has more capacity when I need it and can take it off when I don't. It does stay on more than it stays off though right now. Point is though, the 14+ versions are the way to go not only for the size but also the latch and hinges are a better design.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That new style chopped looks alot better than the old version. Almost looks like a razor

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,480 Posts

its the other way around. the 14 chopped tourpack has a larger ci capacity than the 13 down king.

look around the forum, there are plenty of posts from folks who have put the newer tourpacks on older bikes. I *believe* that you need some type of spacer because of the way the older saddlebags open they will hit the bottom of the tourpack.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question here. On the razor tour pack where the backrest sit when the ol lady is on the bike. Does it sit around the kidney area like the short sissy bar would?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts