Road Glide banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
13" Twin Peaks don't fit '15 RGS. **update**

I have been lurking on these forums and went ahead and ordered the LA Choppers Twin Peaks 13" bars for my 2015 RGS. The bars came in today, I took the old ones off, and discovered that the new ones do not fit. The Twin Peaks bars are stepped down in the center and the stock bars/riser is not. The only way these will work is to order new risers/clamps.

So, they are going back to J&P Cycles. They are the ones who told me they would fit, but are now changing the fitment on their website.

Are there any similar bars that I can use the stock cables, wires and clamps with?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
I have been lurking on these forums and went ahead and ordered the LA Choppers Twin Peaks 13" bars for my 2015 RGS. The bars came in today, I took the old ones off, and discovered that the new ones do not fit. The Twin Peaks bars are stepped down in the center and the stock bars/riser is not. The only way these will work is to order new risers/clamps.

So, they are going back to J&P Cycles. They are the ones who told me they would fit, but are now changing the fitment on their website.

Are there any similar bars that I can use the stock cables, wires and clamps with?

Thanks
I have these same bars installed on my 2015 RGS and they are killer bars. I did change out the crappy stock clamp with a new cnc milled T-6061 aluminum clamp also made for our bike with these exact bars through LA Choppers.
Womack

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Parnelli- I like the Vinditka's just don't want to spend that much (eats into the audio budget).

@Swomack- These clamps? http://www.lachoppers.com/catalog/display/4372/index.html

Did your installer have to reroute the clutch and brake lines?

J&P cycles told me there was no fix to make the Twin Peaks fit...go figure. I haven't sent the bars back yet, maybe I'll look in the service manual to see how hard that clamp is to replace. In the meantime, I put it all back together and rolled the bars forward. It's an improvement, but still not tall enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Twin Peaks WILL work, but you need to change the bar clamps to the LA Choppers Aluminum clamps for the 2015 Road Glide. I had to relocate the ground screw on the new clamps, and take a little material off the side of the instrument nacelle for the clutch line to fit. Apart from breaking the green TPS connector (found a replacement in stock at a local dealer), everything else was smooth. I like to feel of the new bars and for now, am using the stock mirrors.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,810 Posts
@Parnelli- I like the Vinditka's just don't want to spend that much (eats into the audio budget).

@Swomack- These clamps? http://www.lachoppers.com/catalog/display/4372/index.html

Did your installer have to reroute the clutch and brake lines?

J&P cycles told me there was no fix to make the Twin Peaks fit...go figure. I haven't sent the bars back yet, maybe I'll look in the service manual to see how hard that clamp is to replace. In the meantime, I put it all back together and rolled the bars forward. It's an improvement, but still not tall enough.
Yes
That is the new clamp I used.
It's made for our bikes.
Swomack

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.