Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have advice on waking up this 1340 on this 90 tour glide...everythings stock but i want to have some strong touring power, nothing to major, engine has 29,000 mi. Any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated!

P

·
0 Posts
did you want to go bigger inches? if so a 97" is about the best touring motor you can build,VERY dependable as your staying with the 4.25" stroke,adding 3.812" bore cylinders.have mild,touring headwork done using 1.900 intakes (set @ 9.8-1)& add a CRANE H290-2 cam.we`ve done this build many times for touring bikes over the years with great,very high milage results (and a bike that will smoke most others on the street!!)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
A couple years ago I changed the cam in my 93. Made a noticable differance and was not a huge expense. I can not remember which one I put in. All I was looking for was to get it up to 85 fairly quick. Had a friend who works at a shop do it in his garage. Cost me $250 or $300 and a case of High Life.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Anybody have advice on waking up this 1340 on this 90 tour glide...everythings stock but i want to have some strong touring power, nothing to major, engine has 29,000 mi. Any help on where to start would be greatly appreciated!
If looking for a cam-only upgrade, then the BEST cam we've witnessed here for, again, a cam-only increase is a Crane 300-3B.
BIG increase in the torque for touring power.
Naturally a set of adj pushrods/gaskets/cam bearing, and I will make mention of the Moco bulletin that reccomends the lifters to "inspect and/or replace" @ 25,000.
Other options that push off more are easily established if willing to pull the heads, and as Kirby has already mentioned, an increase to either an S&S 96" Hot Set-Up, or a set of 3 13/16" cylinders upping it to 97", can easily have you over the 100/100 mark.
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts