Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
15-17 RG Windshield

For sale is a Harley 15.5" Windshield for 15-17 RG's. Harley part number 57400281. Its in great condition with no scratches that i can see. Asking $75.00 obo plus shipping, if you are in the Chicago area come and try it out first if you are interested in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
What is on your bike now? I have a 17 RGU and looking for a recurve-style to replace my factory shield. Any suggestions appreciated.
I would throw on a Long Ride Shield LRS 13" Stingray and call it done.
Hell I just purchased one and it only cost me $ 74.00 shipped to my door.
Great looking windshield and works well, and the price can't be beat.
I am currently running the 10" dark tint LRS Stingray on my 2015 RGS and it's great as well.
Good Luck
Swomack

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am currently running the 10" dark tint LRS Stingray on my 2015 RGS and it's great as well.
Good Luck
Swomack
Thanks, Swomack. That is actually the one I was looking at. Can I ask how tall you are. The stock one seems to be just about the right hight, but I thought with the recurve I may be able to get away with a bit shorter one. I'm 6' and running the stock seat.

BTW, your bike looks great!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good Luck
Swomack
Swomack...Bike looks killer... Congrats on getting it back!! Is that the LRS on it now in the picture?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is on your bike now? I have a 17 RGU and looking for a recurve-style to replace my factory shield. Any suggestions appreciated.
I have the Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring on it now(very happy with it) and a Madstad too try once the weather breaks in a couple of months. I plan on using the Madstad for long trips if it makes a huge difference over the KW...I fall in the "cant get used to the looks of it" categorie when it comes to the Madstad for every day riding....but after owning one on my previous RG I know that they do work like everyone says they do...hope that helps! For reference I am 5'11" and my Corbin has been lowered so it sits me at least 1" lower than stock.

Dom

·
Registered
56 Posts
I just ordered a Stingray 13" with medium tint. But I have a question...

Does the curvature at the top of the shield distort your vision where it curves? I now I will be looking over the top of the shield while riding, but when you look down, is your vision distorted?

Thx!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
The LRS distorted my vision at the recurve on my 09. The Freedom shield on my 15 has no distortion whatsoever. It costs more but it is a better windshield.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts