Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gang,

I have read d()* near every thread in here and need some help!!! With that being said, I want to put some 14" bars on the Great Pumpkin, but am having a tough time understaning what size cables I may need.

For those of you running 14's what size clutch and brake cable did you use.

I have the bars narrowed down to:
Wild 1's
Santee's
Carlini's
Yaffe

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Come to the dark side after years of debating and it is the best choice I have ever made. :D

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Gang,

I have read d()* near every thread in here and need some help!!! With that being said, I want to put some 14" bars on the Great Pumpkin, but am having a tough time understaning what size cables I may need.

For those of you running 14's what size clutch and brake cable did you use.

I have the bars narrowed down to:
Wild 1's
Santee's
Carlini's
Yaffe

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Come to the dark side after years of debating and it is the best choice I have ever made. :D
We need to know more about your ride besides the Great Pumpkin.
Depends on what year your bike is. Sort of.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2011 RGC Power Pak option. GR8FLH, I have read several of your posts. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Well if you read my threads you will know that you shouldnt need any new cables.(check Slowglides ride too) http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=2130&highlight=roady He did not buy new clutch or brake cables just re routed them. He did however splice and extend his wiring. No need to do that!
I only purchased a new clutch cable. i got a +4" so it could route in the stock location. Thats it! nothing else.No new brake line, No new TBW plug. No extensions to the wiring. Nothing! There is plenty of wiring on the new bikes.
I had the dealer install mine and it took them 6 hours. damn near $500 bucks labor cost. I was happy though because they didnt charge me for $400 bucks in new wiring and cables. I told them I 'heard' it could work without replacing cables or extending the wires and though they didnt really believe me, they said..."We'll try". And sure enough... it worked just fine. I opted for the clutch cable, because I wanted it in the stock location, and didnt want it pulling. So was just to be safe.

If you do it your self, its gonna be cheap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts