Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our cam testing from last week is finished up on the 2014 FLHTK. Tested the Wood TW-222, TW-555, & TW-777's vs stock cams. Results show very good gains with each cam. Each cam was tested with the same combination which included the Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, Jackpot mufflers, FM Pro billet air cleaner, and each setup was dyno tuned with Dynojet Power Vision.

·
EFI tuning and Exhaust Expert
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting comparison, but isn't it unfair to the 777 (and probably the 555) to install it with stock compression?
As you can see in the results that both cams work very well with stock compression. The 555 & 777 would make even more Hp/Tq at higher compression as do most combinations

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Interesting comparison, but isn't it unfair to the 777 (and probably the 555) to install it with stock compression?
From working with Bob Wood cams since the mid-1990's when Bob first brought his Evo cams to the V-Twin market, yes, the 555, and 777 both need more compression to fully optimize the potential of the later intake closing events of them.:)
Scott

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
The TW222 are pretty impressive IMO. They don't make as much HP as the TW777 but the torque is real close to being the same. I am glad I am using the TW222.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
If using the 777's what would be the correct compression for this cam.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Can someone list the HP and TQ numbers please, I'm unable to view the picture. The attachment doesn't come thru on the internet browser I'm using at work.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Jamie, The first bike is listed as "stock" But it has your mufflers, pipes, air cleaner and PV1 on it. What would the numbers of a truly stock bike look like against the three cams? thanks, CSM-H

1 - 14 of 14 Posts