Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this is the second set of menaces I have ordered for my bike first set was ordered wrong per carlini but these new bars are what they told me to order wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem and what can i do? When taking a look at the bars it appears there is not a cut of or hole for the road glide hand control covers shown in pictures. Not sure if anyone has done it before but is it possible to cut the tap off on the chrome handle bar weights/clamp? or would it be easier to drill out the bar? Or did they send me the wrong bar all together. Thank you guys, Justin

2018 Road Glide with abs

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I've heard people doing both without issue. Check with Carlino though if you don't want to have to go to the trouble.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just had to shave the pin off my clamps also. No big deal just get a dremel and shaved them down.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I have a different brand bar but because there 1 1/2" and with the taper even cutting the pin off the cover it would not work.. I used the old skinny clamps I had laying around from my 12.. No issue..

·
Registered
559 Posts
So this is the second set of menaces I have ordered for my bike first set was ordered wrong per carlini but these new bars are what they told me to order wondering if anyone else has ran into the same problem and what can i do? When taking a look at the bars it appears there is not a cut of or hole for the road glide hand control covers shown in pictures. Not sure if anyone has done it before but is it possible to cut the tap off on the chrome handle bar weights/clamp? or would it be easier to drill out the bar? Or did they send me the wrong bar all together. Thank you guys, Justin

2018 Road Glide with abs
I ground the pins on the clutch/front brake clamps down and removed the center pin when I put Road King Special bars on my Glide. No issues and everything clamped up tight.

Even when I went to the 14” apes I have now, I still used the clamps with the nub ground down so that I could rotate everything where I wanted it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks appreciate the input talked to Carlini and they said they would not drill the bars out due to possibly cracking the chrome so looks like I will cut off the tabs and grind them down being so they are hidden anyways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts