Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to put a front wheel c/w rotors from a 14 street glide on my 11 road glide...went to the dealer to get the abs bearings and they tell me the wheel wont work without changing the rotors too....I measured them and they seem to be the same size to me...has anyone else done this and had any issues..thanks in advance for any help...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They should work never heard of that. When I did my 21 had the bearings swapped from abs to non abs but the abs bearing had a spacer behind the bearing which was throwing it off so if your going non abs to abs you may need the spacer something to look at

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
so the wheel must be thinner in the center?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
2,338 Posts
I am trying to put a front wheel c/w rotors from a 14 street glide on my 11 road glide...went to the dealer to get the abs bearings and they tell me the wheel wont work without changing the rotors too....I measured them and they seem to be the same size to me...has anyone else done this and had any issues..thanks in advance for any help...

The mounting holes on the wheel are different between an 11 and 14.

Here's a 14 Ultra Limited front wheel on my 11.

The bolt spacing is smaller on an 11 wheel. If you use the 14 rotors, the wheels will bolt right up, as long as you have the right bearings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya the rotors came with the wheel...they were even on the wheel when I was at the dealer...just got a bad counter guy I guess...I was positive that it would fit but then they had me doubting it...came back home and remeasured everything and couldn't find any difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts