Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 tour pak.
I am debating about a few things:
Antenna. I know the full size antenna that came on my bike gets the best and better reception than the hidden antenna. So if I have the antenna on the TPak, and take the pak off...what to do about antenna.....hmmmm
And I am not sure where to drill a hole for the wire harness to hook up to the bike. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
I think you are looking for a different set up but I bought the Stubby antenna from Amazon and it fits w/ the tour pak on...I think it only sticks out about 2-3" from the fender and the reception is really good....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Best option if you want to retain an antenna but take the tour pak off is to get this antenna relocator from HD. It will move it to the bottom of your rear fender so its not making contact with the tourpak. I'm going with the hidden antenna myself, not really concerned with the small amount of reduced range.

AM/FM Antenna Relocation Kit-76000582 | 2015 Road Glide Special | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

That's what came with the kit to make the pak quick disconnect. I installed it and wasn't a huge fan of the look. Plus I figured I'm going to be using the 64gb thumbdrive with all my music on it so I took it off and just don't have an antenna. If you're interested I'd beat Harley's price

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
umm

That's what came with the kit to make the pak quick disconnect. I installed it and wasn't a huge fan of the look. Plus I figured I'm going to be using the 64gb thumbdrive with all my music on it so I took it off and just don't have an antenna. If you're interested I'd beat Harley's price

Thanks but it will not fit with my 2013 bike. Its the square connector..there is no such thing on my bike :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts