Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why won't the '14 detachable rack fit a 13..... did the mounting points change? :confused:
If I buy the 13 detachable mount I'll have to drill holes in the tour pak.....:mad:

Has anyone done it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
The question is if the color you need is available from Harley. Just got a pack but harley would not do the 14 pack in my 13 candy orange so I had to get the old style. Its much easier to get factory matched paint than have a painter match the candy orange.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Why won't the '14 detachable rack fit a 13..... did the mounting points change? :confused:
If I buy the 13 detachable mount I'll have to drill holes in the tour pak.....:mad:

Has anyone done it?

Thanks
Might want to PM SIC26. I believe he has a 2014 tourpack on his pre-2014 scoot.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
The question is if the color you need is available from Harley. Just got a pack but harley would not do the 14 pack in my 13 candy orange so I had to get the old style. Its much easier to get factory matched paint than have a painter match the candy orange.
Maybe get a '14 Ultra Classic TP in Candy Orange and drill new holes in the bottom that retrofit that TP to a '13 mounting rack?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have a 2004 Fiberglass tourpack on my 2011. The bottom was glassed in so it was flat and repainted. You'd never know.

Fortunately with the old ones being fiberglass they are probably a lot easier to work with and modify than the new ABS ones, or whatever that plastic is.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee493/gbourdon/photo.jpg

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I have been thinking about doing the14 bags and trunk on my 11
Do they not have different support brackets now? I could be wrong.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Side bags are same brackets/hardware. Just need a slight adjustment. Stealer removed mine and put a '14 side bag.

The '14 tour pack uses the same mounting points, docking hardware, using the new '14 bracket to mount the tour pack.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Take a look at this thread!!! Looks like they fit to me !!

hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/900823-2014-tour-pak.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts