Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any info! I was at Las Vegas bike fest and spoke with Phil from Yaffe and sat on a beautiful RG with 12" monkey Bars. I believe the 14's will fit me a little better (6'4"). Anyone running these and have any thoughts on me doing the install myself? I was leaning towards the Outlaws before I sat on their bike. These were VERY comfortable after riding with the stock bars from Tucson, plus the looks are awesome. If they honor the discounts they offered at the show, I will be ordering! Second question to everyone is whether to go black or chrome? Leaning towards black just to balance everything.

P.S. anyone close that knows the tricks on install, I'll buy the beer and pay for your gas to help haha :D

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
I changed the bars on my bike, the main trick I learned was to be patient, and use wire pulling lube for running the wires internally, but I don't have 14" bars. What color bike do you have? Show some pics so we can give an opinion on what color bars.....:D

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
14's or 16's?

Remember ,...
Yaffe has his bikes raked and stretched, which I'm sure Phil mentioned, if ya can get past the 'WOW' factor,from just sitn on one of Yaffe's Scoots!From Paint to Wheels to Rake and stretch, Baggernation builds sum Sweet Ass Machines!!!
I'm 6' 3 to 4" myself, and I've got 10's or soon to be had 10's, cause they should be comeing off this week to sell to a member on the 4/m.
But sounds like your in the same boat as me, wondering between 12's or 14's.
Ive called Brady from Baggernation, and asked for a measurement from Tip to Tip. Being measureing , bottom rite tip to the top of rite tip. My 10's measure 13 1/4 ".
16's measure 19 1/4 inches.
So I'm figureing 6" difference, just in height, tip to tip, from 10's to 16's.
Soooooo, if my figuring is correct, 12's from tip to tip should be 2" higher , in height,...14's 4" and 16's 6,....if ya follow.
I'm thinkn 16's!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hopefully I added this pic right. Thanks for the reply's!

dbell - is there a specific lube used?

Neano-Thanks for the measurments! I will be out in the garage tonight trying all of these measurments. Ya the bike was beautiful and I could believe he was so open to me throwing a leg over it. I get really uncomfortable sitting on other peoples bikes.

I still have not heard back from Phil (maybe they gave him a couple days off for working the event all weekend in Vegas). I really like doing business with the same person that spent time to go over their product, but I'm getting excited and dont know how much longer I can wait haha.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I personally went with the 10" chrome monkey bars on my vivid black RGC. Hope the pic below helps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I put 12" on my bike and wish I had gone with 14" I am 6' 2" and the 12"s were great until I decided that the ultra seat I put on was extremely uncomfortable. I plan on adding at least 2” to the seat height and now really wish I had the 14’s.

Ride Safe
Black Sheep

Attachments

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
6'4" running 12+ Paul said they were 13, anyhow If I was doing it again I'd go for the 14" just because I have long arms (from climbing trees for 23 years):D.
The 12+ is very comfortable as for doing the job yourself DO IT! you will have a snag or two but trust me you will save $ and respect yourself in the morning. I ran my stock sleeve in mine. I have the extension kit still sitting in the box. So if you need one PM me I'll cut you a brake, just find out what he wants 1st.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your replys, I still have not heard back from the salesman. I might just havta order from whoever answers the phone there next time I call. I am 6'4" so that is why I am looking at the 14's. I also have been looking at other sites and Phat Performance has them cheaper if Yaffe won;t honor the price they told me. Has anyone done business with them? If I order from them what size "supersize" kit do I need to order for the cables? They call the kits 12" or 15"...

Frodoe thanks for offering your kit for a deal. I always like buying from guys on this forum if I need something (gives us more money for other additions :D ).

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but Sheep what orange is that...Sedona? Looks killer - especially in the lighting of those pics!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but Sheep what orange is that...Sedona? Looks killer - especially in the lighting of those pics!
Yes, it is the beautiful Sedona orange, I knew the first time I saw one in the flesh that it was the color for me at least once it was blacked out that is.

Ride Safe
Black Sheep

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am six/four, long waisted, I had my HD Dealer install Chubby's this Spring. With ABS and heated grips, I did not want to even tackle this myself. Remember, longer clutch cable or hose and brake hose required... Give it to the dealer, they do these faster, quicker, and most certainly... Safer

DJN
2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra

·
Registered
908 Posts
I would go with at least 14" if not 16".

I am 6' 1" and my CVO roadglide has a corbin solo, about the same height as a stock RGC seat. I had 14" PYO monkey bars put on three weeks ago. I love wrist angle, the bars are very comfortable. I can still do the MSF box on the bike, and its great on twisty roads. I have 5072 miles on the bars. A few 500 plus mile days.

All that said, I really think I might have liked the 16" better.

I was nervous switching to mini apes, worried about control in tight parking lots, or on the Dragon.

sure glad I listened and got the Mini apes. My plan was 10 or 12 but every on convinced me to go two taller than I wanted.

My GPS is wired thru the bars.

Nobody makes gloss black clutch lever for the hyd clutch, so I had mine powder coated along with the switch housings, and master cylinders for the clutch and brakes.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never heard back from PY

As the title says never heard back from E-mail or phone call from Paul Yaffe. Kinda disapointing because I was sold after sitting on their bike. Had the bug for new bars so I called Chubby's Wild 1's. They were right on the ball and answered all my questions. I ordered their bars a few days ago and just recieved the bars... Installing now and will show pics as soon as I get them on. Hopefully by tomorrow morning. Thank you to all that replied! I love the great feedback from everyone on this site!

BTW went with 14" Outlawz in black.

·
Shark of the Quarter Apr-Jun13
1,053 Posts
I have seen many threads on the install in the past. I would do a search, sine you have a lack bike I would go chrome... Good luck and share pics!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
As the title says never heard back from E-mail or phone call from Paul Yaffe. Kinda disapointing because I was sold after sitting on their bike. Had the bug for new bars so I called Chubby's Wild 1's. They were right on the ball and answered all my questions. I ordered their bars a few days ago and just recieved the bars... Installing now and will show pics as soon as I get them on. Hopefully by tomorrow morning. Thank you to all that replied! I love the great feedback from everyone on this site!

BTW went with 14" Outlawz in black.
I could of pm'd you and gave you Brady's cell phone #.
But!,...glad you got what ya wanted.
My 16's Monkeys , were ordered on Friday from American Classic Motors, and are out on the Truck for delivery today.
Baggernation has sum killer shit, I Luv It , but they can be a a PITA toooo.
Yaffe has done rite by me in the past dough, after 1st, do n me wrong. But it aint all HIS fault. He cant fix things, as in shipping painted products that were damaged, if he doesnt know!!!
He just gets the Aftershock of Pissed Off and Pissed On Customers.
He did do the right thing dough in the end.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would go with at least 14" if not 16".

I am 6' 1" and my CVO roadglide has a corbin solo, about the same height as a stock RGC seat. I had 14" PYO monkey bars put on three weeks ago. I love wrist angle, the bars are very comfortable. I can still do the MSF box on the bike, and its great on twisty roads. I have 5072 miles on the bars. A few 500 plus mile days.

All that said, I really think I might have liked the 16" better.

I was nervous switching to mini apes, worried about control in tight parking lots, or on the Dragon.

sure glad I listened and got the Mini apes. My plan was 10 or 12 but every on convinced me to go two taller than I wanted.

My GPS is wired thru the bars.

Nobody makes gloss black clutch lever for the hyd clutch, so I had mine powder coated along with the switch housings, and master cylinders for the clutch and brakes.
Awesome set up - bars look great - thanks for posting. I went with the exact same setup as you did - even the mirrors from Yaffe. I have a 2013 CVO Road Glide so very similar to your skunk. I also had the GPS mounted. Thanks for posting these pics as I really want to see what it looked like (still working on mine - should be done by Friday). Can you post some side views of your bike with the bars? Curious on looks. Thanks!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Awesome set up - bars look great - thanks for posting. I went with the exact same setup as you did - even the mirrors from Yaffe. I have a 2013 CVO Road Glide so very similar to your skunk. I also had the GPS mounted. Thanks for posting these pics as I really want to see what it looked like (still working on mine - should be done by Friday). Can you post some side views of your bike with the bars? Curious on looks. Thanks!
I'm off shore at work right now, I will have to get side profile pictures after I hit land in a couple weeks.

I run mine close to the fork leg angle, more for long haul comfort.:)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Just purchased my 14" MB. I will post some pics as soon as they come in. One of many winter projects for the shark!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts