Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in west texas I've been suffering thru 105+ deg days for months now. Having been riding much cause the heat and since the dealer installed the SERT the bike has run too great. I can't even get my computer to recognize the sert. That's for another thread.

So anyways, I took the glide out for a ride around town. Stopped a few times through out the day. All was well. It was ball cooking hot but the 103 always is.

I went on an errand that involved a spin to one store where the bike sat for roughly 10 minutes. Then I hopped on and rode 3 minutes to another store. Bike sat for 3 minutes. Hopped back on and rode across a large lot and ran in to another place. I was inside 1 minute. Shot a text message and hopped on the scoot to go...

Cranked the bike and a horrible metal on metal tick and rough idle that was closer to a stumble on one cylinder. Wtf? Twist of the throttle lead to either no change or a stall. Tried 4 or 5 times and same story.

I made some calls and let the bike sit. Thought some things over and decided to turn the idle manager off. I prob sat 10+ minutes and then cranked it. Cranked like nothing happened. Another observation was that I had no oil pressure.

Rode on to my cousins house. Bike sat for hours and cranked no problem an ran normally. What do u guys think? I was thinking sticky ecr or fault in the program for the idle stop.
FYI THIS HAPPENED 2 HOURS AFTER I BOUGHT THE EXTENDED WARRANTY.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I think the Idle stop program was the culprit. I think you may have been able to start it with that program active maybe? Also the oil pressure thing is because they have tried to clean the oil so well that at idle when oil is hot, the pressure is LOW. I talked to Frank at Dragos Bike Works and he advised me to put an EVO engine oil filter on it. The filter element will not scrub oil as well, but oils the engine at idle better. Give him a call or shoot him an email. Awesome guy. Prob has an answer for the other issues with the bike too. :cool:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. Thanks for the info. If the idle stop feature was in play, then it came in at the wrong time. I guess I'll be using my 7 years of warranty ;)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Called my dealer...

They were like that ain't right get it in ASAP. Something freaked out.

Duh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts