Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like many have gone with 14" apes on the newer bikes because they don't have to change the cables or extend the wiring. Is this true of the 2013 also? I have a set of 16's from my previous bike that i love, and was planning on putting them on. But seems like it would be so much cheaper and easier to just get some 14's if they will work with the stock cables. I could always go taller later when the funds are a little more abundant. Can anyone tell me if the 14's would fit up on my 2013? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
721 Posts
Have no idea about your 2013....but in my 2017 I am going to put the Harley Fat Apes 14.75" without changing clutch and brakelines.....just the electric ones

·
Registered
745 Posts
I pit 16" factory 47 bars on my 2013 CVO road glide. I did not use wire extensions and I did not buy longer cables. There is enough wire inside the fairing if you cut some ties loose and reroute the wiring to a degree. The cables originally were routed between the frame and the forks. I pulled them out and ran them up to the bars before the forks. Here are a few pics. I installed my bars while I was replacing my fairing which probably made rerouting the wires easier. I should have taken more pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Singlebeam! Gonna wait til it gets colder, in case it keeps me off the bike for a while, but i might give that a shot. Would really prefer to get my 16's on there. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work and i have to buy cables or some 14's. Either way, right back where i started so no real loss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts