Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Thanks for sharing. I was fortunate to get to ride #2 and #3 on the same run. Kinda strange they didn't mention they're almost connected. The southern end of 469-mile Blue Ridge Parkway is very near the Tail of the Dragon.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Of course that's a subjective list. I've ridden 10 of those 15 and rank half of those as very high on my list. The Natchez Trace has it's moments but at 440+ miles at 50 mph there are stretches that almost put me to sleep. Same with the BRP.

Beartooth and PCH make my list of top 6, as does Oregon 3 up to 12 at Lewiston. What's not listed are Utah hwy 128, US 95 from Blanding UT to Hanksville and TX hwy 170 between Presideo and Terlingua.

But again, that's all subjective.

W

·
0 Posts
wow! 3 of my favorite roads around here are ranked #1,#6 and #9 on this list...#9 is just up the road from where I live,and I go by the turnoff every day.

#1 was like an inaugural ride on the new RGU.I'd only had it a couple of days when My wife and I rode it.

I'm very lucky to live here.
3 of my favorite to ride. We are lucky to live in Montana even with this white crap on the ground right now.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Beartooth and Hwy. 1 In California are high on my to do list. I think 550, the Million Dollar Hwy. is way better then the Blue Ridge or the Dragontail although both are fine roads. Between the Dragon and the Cherahola Skyway I like the Skyway the best. There are some crazy good roads off the Blue Ridge as well.

Due to a land slide the Cherahola Skyway is going to be closed for a few months. They had 9 inches of rain in 3 days a few days ago and there are many many slides in the area and in the Smokies. 22 slides in Graham county, N.C. alone where the Skyway is. 441 in the Smoky Mountain National Park as well had a huge slide taking out an area the size of a football field. Hope they get most things reopened by spring.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've done the Beartooth, Glacier, Highway 1, The Dragon, BRP, and one or two others, but if you ever get the chance do the Beartooth. I would ride out there every year but I can't pick the destination all the time!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Cherhola and BRP are great in the Summer sometimes there as much as a 20 degree difference in temperature.The Dragon is fun ,the only drawback is you never know whats around the next bend.Someone in your lane,cars cheating the double yellow,or some wannabe superstar thinking he's leading the Moto GP.I was fortunate enough to ride Bear Tooth a couple years back and this summer I will get to ride the PCH.Just like in the Western states there are plenty of great roads in Western North Carolina and Eastern Tennessee,though at a much lower elevation.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
For my 2 cents worth they missed one. Hi way 90 along the beach across Mississippi. No twists, curves or hills just miles of beautiful beach and during the summer, BIKINIS! :D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hwy 90 is where I learned to ride on my 1st bike a 1965 Norton when I was stationed in Biloxi, MS and agree it was worthy of a mention.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Cherahala and the Dragon are in my back yard, 70 miles from the house. I would switch their rating, I think the Skyway is far better.

I have rode 5 of the 15.

They missed Chief Joseph Hwy, if your doing bearttooth, then continue on and do Chief Joseph to Cody:D

I agree on Beartooth, love it, have done it twice and will do it again:D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Rode 6 of them would agree about 90 it he beaches are nice. I'm partial to rte 66 and some lengths of hwy50 thru west Virginia

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
Interesting. We're not far from #14 in Ohio and I've never heard anyone even mentioning it. There is a lot of great riding in Ohio though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts