Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Embarrassed to post this, but in case anyone else is as IQ challenged as me . . … I just figured out the "adjustable" in my 15 CVORGU backrest, after owning it for a year. I've never liked the mechanism in this backrest as much as my old adjustable backrest I purchased for my 13RGU. The button release on that one worked great. The new one, as you guys w/ this one know, doesn't have any similar button. And to me it's a pain to try insert/extract/etc. Anyway, apparently this one is "adjustable" by changing the mounting position on the fender, or (my discovery today after taking off the seat to examine it) there are three vertical holes to choose from to place the "pinch back post" in. It is a pain in the buttt to change the vertical hole position, and you can't see if you're in the top, middle or bottom position. And actually w/ the seat on I can only feel out two of the three optional vertical positions.

Anyway, got it adjusted today and feels great. Still miss my old adjustable version. Hope someone else out there didn't understand this . … if not, be kind : )

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Embarrassed to post this, but in case anyone else is as IQ challenged as me . . … I just figured out the "adjustable" in my 15 CVORGU backrest, after owning it for a year. I've never liked the mechanism in this backrest as much as my old adjustable backrest I purchased for my 13RGU. The button release on that one worked great. The new one, as you guys w/ this one know, doesn't have any similar button. And to me it's a pain to try insert/extract/etc. Anyway, apparently this one is "adjustable" by changing the mounting position on the fender, or (my discovery today after taking off the seat to examine it) there are three vertical holes to choose from to place the "pinch back post" in. It is a pain in the buttt to change the vertical hole position, and you can't see if you're in the top, middle or bottom position. And actually w/ the seat on I can only feel out two of the three optional vertical positions.

Anyway, got it adjusted today and feels great. Still miss my old adjustable version. Hope someone else out there didn't understand this . … if not, be kind : )

Not crazy about it either. I find myself using a zip to to squeeze the damn things together to get it down into the mount then with a finger, slide the zip tie back up some so the spring spreads apart the two shafts. Wiggle it from side to side also helps. I normally leave it on once I have it in place even as much as I hate trying to through a leg over the thing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts