Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, picked up the Woods TW-222 cams, directional lifters and adjustable pushrods from the great folks at Fuel Moto.
Running V&H Pro Pipe Chrome, V&H Naked VO2 and Power Vision Tuner.
Just got the bike back today, has 22,500 miles on it.

I know the pic is hard to read, so...

HP from 76.62 to 93.16
TQ from 95.90 to 104.82

Tech advised switching to competition baffle or D&D Fat Cat and a retune if I want to get more out of it. comments?
He was impressed at the torque pull long into the rpms

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
TW222 Cams

Johnson27, Hey there nice numbers and a good comparison to my 2013 RGU with stock exhaust (bored out) PC-V, SE255's and K&N drop in filter.... yours 93Hp and 105Tq... Mine; 86Hp and 106Tq.

So all things being (just about) equal looks like the Cam (222) comes in earlier and stays on longer.... But the SE255 is no slouch either.... Thanks for posting, CSM-H

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
So, picked up the Woods TW-222 cams, directional lifters and adjustable pushrods from the great folks at Fuel Moto.

HP from 76.62 to 93.16
TQ from 95.90 to 104.82

Tech advised switching to competition baffle or D&D Fat Cat and a retune if I want to get more out of it. comments?
Sure would like to know more about the TW-222 cams (as in your overall impression of them).

I've been trying to decide between it, the Andrews 57H or just staying with the stock cam. Same year and motor as you have, just a few different parts.

Nice results by the way.

·
Registered
6,444 Posts

HP from 76.62 to 93.16
TQ from 95.90 to 104.82

Good Numbers

Swomack

·
Registered
523 Posts
Nice!

For all reading this thread, don't underestimate how much the Pro Pipe helps.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!

For all reading this thread, don't underestimate how much the Pro Pipe helps.
I agree! Sure, a different baffle/system may yield better numbers...but so may a different guy tuning it on a colder/hotter day. I'm not ready to throw another $1k at an exhaust at this point. I ride the hell out of my bike because I love it! And after picking it up today from the tuner, I love it just a little bit more :wink:

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
I agree! Sure, a different baffle/system may yield better numbers...but so may a different guy tuning it on a colder/hotter day. I'm not ready to throw another $1k at an exhaust at this point. I ride the hell out of my bike because I love it! And after picking it up today from the tuner, I love it just a little bit more :wink:
If you change out your exhaust you might get 3 or 4 hp and maybe a tq or 2 or 3. Are you gonna feel it or change your quarter mile time? NO... Enjoy it and btw nice numbers. I definitely would nt change exhaust unless you just want to. Leave the numbers alone and ride the shit out of that bike....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Johnson27, Hey there nice numbers and a good comparison to my 2013 RGU with stock exhaust (bored out) PC-V, SE255's and K&N drop in filter.... ... Mine; 86Hp and 106Tq.
I've been trying to find some 255 Dyno numbers. Just got a set to go with my PV, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and Rinehart True Duals. I'm sure I'll be pleased.

·
Registered
92 Posts
boosted20V, Well I like them so much, I just put a pair in my 2011 Heritage Softail. Cams, SE255's, bored out stock mufflers and Power Vision with "tune" from Fuel Moto..... to say it was night and day difference, would be an understatement!! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I like mine. Don't believe the "school bus" cam remarks, they will continue right through 5000 and hit the rev limiter.... :) CSM-H

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
revisiting the dyno sheet details

So, in looking more closely at my dyno sheet and talking to someone that knows way more about Dyno Jets Power Vision and its tuneability than I do, I am questioning the uniformity of the HP and TQ curves, and, that the AFR is a constant 13.8.

Do you think that based on the numbers, they may have just loaded a canned map rather than spend the actual time I paid for to tune cell by cell?

Does it seem that the 13.8 AFR is high?

Also, I found it funny that the tech immediately said I should scrap the V&H 2-1 and get D&D fatcat if I wanted better numbers.

Comments welcome!!

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Congrats on the new set up. Very similar to what Fuel Moto says my numbers should be, but mine hasn't been on a dyno with the Power Vision & Target Tune. You have a killer set up and it's not worth chasing numbers. Heck, go to another "tuner" and he can find another 10-20 hp on his dyno. Different dynos, different weather, etc will all return different readings. Enjoy your ride!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts