Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Just picked up a 15 FLRTX. This is my first Harley with CAN BUS. Adding ground effect lighting on the 13 and older bikes was a strightforward deal. Had a really nice setup on my 13 RGU. I really don't want to have to buy the HD kit add ing that right side switch cluster if I don't have to.

So the question begs, for you guys with 15 and newer Road Glides, is there a way to do this and not mess up the BCM? Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get any kit you want that connects directly to the battery (fused) with a simple on/off switch. Some even have a key fob for control and an auto off feature.
Or pick one of these up and tie into it. Your lights will be switched with the key.

Reactions: Slider57

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Get any kit you want that connects directly to the battery (fused) with a simple on/off switch. Some even have a key fob for control and an auto off feature.
Or pick one of these up and tie into it. Your lights will be switched with the key.
Thanks for that head's up, just what I was looking for. As mine is a 15. 69200722 will fit the bill. Appreciate it!

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
I've got that in my '15. Had to add the aux switches up from to bring it live. Not sure how it works without the switches.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I've got that in my '15. Had to add the aux switches up from to bring it live. Not sure how it works without the switches.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Plug it into the accessory plug under the left side cover. It’s a four pin plug. 1 ground, one switched with a button (second from the left on the left side), one power with on, and one brake. Pretty easy actually.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Plug it into the accessory plug under the left side cover. It’s a four pin plug. 1 ground, one switched with a button (second from the left on the left side), one power with on, and one brake. Pretty easy actually.
What I'm saying is that I had to add the switch pack on the left side of the fork lock for that harness to get any power at all. Are you saying that it doesn't need the switch pack?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
What I'm saying is that I had to add the switch pack on the left side of the fork lock for that harness to get any power at all. Are you saying that it doesn't need the switch pack?
For what you used, yes you need a switch pack. But there is another plug under the left side cover that doesn’t NEED a switch pack. It will work off one but doesn’t need it.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
For what you used, yes you need a switch pack. But there is another plug under the left side cover that doesn’t NEED a switch pack. It will work off one but doesn’t need it.
Now I need to go digging for that plug.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Ok. That's what I've got my harness plugged into. I thought you were talking about a different one. l'm under the impression that you had to have the switch pack to make that live.

Here's my thread from about 6 years ago when I did mine.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Ok. That's what I've got my harness plugged into. I thought you were talking about a different one. l'm under the impression that you had to have the switch pack to make that live.

Here's my thread from about 6 years ago when I did mine.
Only one wire in the accessory plug I’m talking about works off a switch (number 7 in the picture above). Like I said earlier, one works off the brake and the other is hit when the ignition is turned on. The fourth is the ground.
That plug was the same on the 08-13 bikes as well.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
@Ohiobellboy I just looked at the install instructions for the part number you are refereeing to. That kit connects to a plug under the right side cover. The auxiliary plug I'm talking about is under the left side cover. The plug you used is tied into the CANBUS system and is used for a bunch of different accessories that are controlled by the computer on the bike.....for example my CoolFlow fan is plugged into the plug.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion as apposed to creating more...LOL

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
@Ohiobellboy I just looked at the install instructions for the part number you are refereeing to. That kit connects to a plug under the right side cover. The auxiliary plug I'm talking about is under the left side cover. The plug you used is tied into the CANBUS system and is used for a bunch of different accessories that are controlled by the computer on the bike.....for example my CoolFlow fan is plugged into the plug.

Hopefully that clears up any confusion as apposed to creating more...LOL
I'm feeling pretty damn stupid at the moment. My harness I bought is plugged into the port under the left side cover. I'm wondering if there's another plug in the mix I'm confusing that could be plugged into the heated seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts