Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone swapped out their power point for a cigarette lighter on a 15 yet. Wondering, hoping the wire to it can handle a the extra amps a lighter requires...

Disregard.... Found my answer, it can. The outlet is fused at 15 amps, adequate for a cigarette lighter.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Yup, I've done it. You'll have to cut the plug off and use spade connectors though. The power port has a different plug from the lighter.

I'll try to get a pix next time I shovel the 6' of snow heading to the garage.:mad:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I'd go to the auto parts store. I use an auto parts store in my stock 09 socket. Works well

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
so, your bike came with cigarette lighter, or a power socket? did you just stick a cigarette lighter in the power socket and it worked? i wouldnt think thats the case..
Why not? you can stick a power socket adapter in the stock lighter, why not a stick a cigarette lighter in the stock power socket? if the circuit is wired for the appropriate amp draw it should work just the same.

·
Registered
5,393 Posts
Sockets are different. You'd need both the socket and a lighter (whether you buy the MoCo one or one from an auto parts store)as the power point socket will melt if you try to just put a lighter in it. I made them toss it in with the purchase of the bike along with a few other small goodies.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts