Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any suggestions, for a reasonable price, extended brake lever that will fit with lower fairing for a 15 RGS?

· Registered
53 Posts
Might want to check out "Softbrake."

This is a link to the Harley products.

I just bought a new Ultra Classic and the stock brake lever sits about 6 inches above the foot board. You have to lift your entire foot off the board to rest your boot on the pedal.

The product I bought dropped the entire pedal down by 20 degrees and now I can simply lift the toe of my boot and brake with my heel still on the board. This basic design gives you 1" extension and will work with lowers. They offer many different styles and without lowers you can go up to 2 more inches of pedal length extension.

· Registered
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, I will check them out.

· Registered
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All, thanks for the info, I will check them out.

· Registered
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

· Registered
53 Posts
Just installed mine yesterday. 2 bolts to take off the foot board, 1 nut to take off the lever, and 3 bolts to take off the entire bracket the master cylinder is mounted to.

Had more trouble removing the rubber brake lever pad. Wound up using hot soapy water and 2 slim blade screw drivers slipped down each side. The pad has raised portions along the slide that slip tight into position. I used just water to reinstall but I've read window cleaner slicks it up just enough to let it slide back on.

· Registered
8,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All, thanks for the suggestions and input.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.