Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
So I installed the boom fairing amp and saddle bag amp with lids in my 15 RGS. I've been calling dealers to flash the radio and my local dealer wants 300 bucks to turn the amps on because he's saying they have to remove my fairing to get the serial number off the amp. Anyone heard this?
Thanks for your help!!

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Seems like a crock as usual...pull the fairing your self, write down the serial number and give it to him and see what he wants to charge you for then! :wink:

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
all you have to do now is flash the radio correctly right thru the port behind the left side cover (((see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_MsC1naLYY ,,,,,,
John, in your YouTube video you state that the Diag4Bike Technician Software with J&M Audio options can be purchased from Western Power Sports.

No amount of Googling points me towards the source for that software package. Care to provide a link?

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
Wouldn't the box and paperwork for that amp have a serial number.
Every time I have purchased audio equipment it's part of the paperwork and most likely on the box. Getting that number should be easy I would think. Or check your invoice for your purchase. Most software in the registers inventories the element and the serial number.

If not just do it yourself and get the number as already stated.
And find another dealer.
Swomack

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Hey guys!
I've been calling dealers to flash the radio and my local dealer wants 300 bucks to turn the amps on because he's saying they have to remove my fairing to get the serial number off the amp. Anyone heard this?
Thanks for your help!!
It takes all of about 10 minutes to remove the fairing (the first time you ever do it). After that you can have it off in 5.............. Just saying.

The dealer should be able to pull the fairing, flash the radio and put the fairing back on in less than an hour easy. $75 to $95 for an hours worth of labor depending on what neck of the woods you're in.

At the price the stealership quoted they are bending you over and giving you a great big corn hole.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So this whole thing is kinda a mess now. FYI they DO NOT need to pull the fairing or need any numbers off the amps. After explaining to them I know for a fact the fairing does not need to come off the writer "talked to his tech" and was wrong. So they turned the EQ on and reflashed the radio. I have 2 amps one in fairing one in bag for speaker lids. The bag speakers crackle and pop with anything above 2 bars. If I have FM radio on it pops constantly. The fairing speakers seem ok. Anyone else have any issues like this? Also the EQ will not stay where set after you shut the bike off. So it needs to be reset every time. I used all the Harley parts and harnesses and I did not plug any speakers in until the radio was flashed. The radio software is version 1.19.0. I know there is a update on that which I'm going to do tonight. The EQ version is 2.1.4. Anyone know if this is the latest?
Thanks for the help.
Todd

1 - 13 of 13 Posts