Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I swapped my bars and everything went well, except my new bars didn't have the extra notch for these small tabs. ? is can I just remove these tabs with out any problems????
thanks for any help

Attachments

·
Registered
566 Posts
NO!!!

That is for your throttle by wire! The bars you bought must be for non TBW set ups.

You can either return the bars for the proper ones, or notch the bars to accept the TBW like your stock bars are. You could use the stock bars as a guide.

I recommend contacting the vendor though and letting them know your situation. Maybe they accidentally sent the wrong bars.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok

I'll take your word for it. My thought is to notch it. But can't believe those 4 small plastic tabs in pic actually do something or have a purpose.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Your bars look notched out or tbw bikes but the four little tabs up top are new I'm guessing. As long as the gear looking part of the tbw sensor is the only part that moves I'd say you are ok.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes it is notched but those 4 lil tits are what its not notched for
itz on a 2015 RGS. cant believe they r sensors or sumting important

·
Registered
639 Posts
+1 on what Seth said. I'm all about modifying stuff but would never modify something on a part that critical.

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
The tabs set into the notches and that keeps the TGS from rotating in the handlebar. If the TGS rotates you will not have any throttle.
You need the tabs and the notches in the handlebar so the TGS will operate correctly.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
The tabs set into the notches and that keeps the TGS from rotating in the handlebar. If the TGS rotates you will not have any throttle.
You need the tabs and the notches in the handlebar so the TGS will operate correctly.
Looking real close at that pix, it appears it has the standard two notches already that line up with the TGS. Seems the new TGS has an extra set of nubs or tits on it. Have you found anything in the new parts list? I ask you because you have some of the best research on here it seems.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tits

You are correct Ohiobellboy, if you look close it is the small tits to nubs. not the big notches. I understand the whole big notches and turning the throttle, Im more asking about those little ones.
I was told to maybe turn the TBW assembly 180 so those little nubs are on bottom, which Im thinking will work, will try to clear this up on sat. Got some extra stuff from santa to install

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Found out the little nubs are only for alignment on the line,

trimmed and all works

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
12" Torch Barz dun
just waiting on grips and mirrors

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good, I like that elbow coming out of your master cylinder's. Did you end up replacing the mid line too, for your abs brake system?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Everything is stock, elbows were on there and didn't extend anything!
Did cut a couple zip ties to loosen the cables up a bit.
Pic isn't very good, need a different view but these have a slight curve in the uprights.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
different view

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts