Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help. 2015 RGS with 5100 miles. Took apart the front and rear blinker/running light assemblis for powder coat. Put everything back together but now am having issues. If my front signals are unplugged, my rear assembly has one light that works correctly and one that is on bright (like when you hit the brake) and doesn't blink. If I plug my front signals in, I get brakes, signals, but no running lights front or back. Any ideas?

·
Registered
483 Posts
I would start with checking all wiring making sure they are in the correct spot and plugged in securely and make sure the bulbs are all good .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the bulbs and from what I can see, the wiring looks good. position of the wires should not make any difference. It's a simple neg ground system with a dual filiament bulb. I've checked ALL fuses (lol) checked my connectors, checked my wires for damage, and I'm not coming up with anything. At this point I'm not really sure what else I could look for. I'm really not wanting to take it in because I doubt I'll be able to convince them to cover it under warranty lol.

·
Registered
483 Posts
the position of the wires will matter , one filiment of the bulb will be brighter for your turn in the front and brake turn in the rear if you put the wrong wire in the wrong position it will light the incorrect part of the bulb and perhaps confuse the system with improper resistance I hear the new canbus system is really picky

·
Registered
87 Posts
Can bus communicates by seeing changes in resistance. Purple wire should go to the "tab" on the bulb base. Here is a pic I took during tear down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn! I didn't think about the resistance! I feel like an idiot now. My electrician mindset kicked in and blocked out the computer aspect! Looks like I'll be taking apart all my lights again lol. God I hope this is the solution to my problem. Thank you for the Pic and the help. I'll be checking (and correcting as needed) this tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be able to get on and Shout out praises for all the help fixing my problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eagle and Mray....Thank you. Your insight has fixed my problem. I guess I'll have to stop thinking of the bike as regular electrical system and more like a computer. Thank you again so much. I am sure you just saved me a good few bucks!

·
Registered
483 Posts
glad we could help wiring can be a pain and sometimes we all over think things

1 - 9 of 9 Posts