2015 Road Glide Special
103" HO engine
RSD Clarity air cleaner
Python Rayzor 2-1 pipe
HD Pro tuner
Tune performed at dealership

81.39 HP
98.02 TQ

These numbers seem pretty low compared to what others are posting. Bike runs good, just not like my 2012 RGC did with the SE255 cams (107.7 TQ).

I am sure I will be adding bigger cams at some point after the break-in period.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the dyno tech at the dealership, ALL of the 2015's they have tuned have been in that range, +/- a couple HP/TQ numbers regardless of what pipe they have installed on it. Granted a pipe can make a difference, but not 10+ difference in either HP or TQ.

I'm saying my numbers are quite a bit different than what has been posted. In reality, these numbers are closer to what I would expect from Stage 1 on this engine.

·
Registered
230 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I think its fine from a peak TQ standpoint, espcially since its the stock cam, what I would be concerned about is the nasty dip in the curve early on, chances are its the exhaust, but could also be the person tuning.

Let me guess - dealer did the tune?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think its fine from a peak TQ standpoint, espcially since its the stock cam, what I would be concerned about is the nasty dip in the curve early on, chances are its the exhaust, but could also be the person tuning.

Let me guess - dealer did the tune?
Correct. I've never had much luck with dealer tunes. I doubt this will stay like this long. I'll get through the initial break-in period then have some bigger cams swapped in and have a local indy shop tune it. The last bike had SE255 cams and after 5 attempts the dealer could get it to run but fuel mileage and performance was horrible. Took it to the indy shop who retuned it and fuel mileage went up over 40 mpg and performance was noticeably better.

Now the big question will be what cams to use in this engine...:eek:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Different Cams already.....:eek:...lol
The last bike only made it to 500 miles before I had the new cams installed. We'll see on this one, but doubt it will make it past spring before I upgrade. I've just got to slow down on all the other stuff I'm buying for it. I think total cost is around $35k already. SMH. I have mental issues.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think everyone agrees on that. A longer pipe will give you more power. Those shorty pipes are just too short to provide decent power.
Perhaps, but how much loss are we talking? BIG numbers or SMALL numbers? If it's only a couple numbers then it's worth it to me for the looks (not to mention I'm not racing the bike, just like the higher numbers like any other normal guy when it comes to comparisons).

Would seriously like to know from somebody that does dyno tuning if the shorter pipes cause much larger losses in HP and TQ numbers when tuning.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just put cams in my bike last summer. I just had stage 1's on my prior 2 bikes. The power gain from the cams makes me what to have headwork done soon. Also my first time having my bike dyno tuned instead of just using a canned map.

No sense in chasing numbers on paper if you are happy with the look. I see your from south bend, I just a little south of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts