Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me what at the pigtail each wire does and when. I have a headlight issue that when the brights are on only the bottom of the headlight works. Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Could anyone tell me what at the pigtail each wire does and when. I have a headlight issue that when the brights are on only the bottom of the headlight works. Any help appreciated.
There are 4 wires. One is the accessory wire which lights up the little bar in the center of the headlight. That should have power when you turn the ignition lock to acc. One is for high beam, one for low beam, and the last is ground. So during high beam operation you should have 12v on 3 wires and the 4th is the ground.

The headlight has circuit boards in it as well, so if you have power on 3 wires and the low beam isn't working then it may be an internal issue rather than a wiring issue.

Here is a pic of the top and bottom of one of the boards in the headlight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would make sense. I would have thought that it would have been switched in the headlight instead of 3 wires being hot on bright.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
are you sure that that isn't how it is supposed to be? led lights function differently than the older filament style lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts