Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a buddy had his bike stolen recently and had to travel across the state to get it. What made it worse was it was someone we both knew did it. Well when he loaded the bike up it was stripped down to a bare frame; not a bolt on the bike. He called me and asked to paint it for him. He said he wanted Bonneville salt flat or billiard blue. I told him no we aren't doing that. He has a chance to really step it up as it was so far torn down why go a stock color. This will be nothing too dramatic but doing a pearl over a white base for a subtle pop. Pics to come over the next week or two as it is an after hours project.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Glad he got his scoot back, though it sucks to hear that it was stripped and someone you knew. Make that thing pop, help your friend out, sounds like he needs some good karma coming his way.

·
Registered
4,842 Posts
Hate hearing stories like this, glad he was able to get it back.

Looking forward to paint pics

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
Looking forward to the progress.

Hope the other dude gets what he deserves.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He is getting good karma out of this. A friend of mine is putting the driveline and rest of the bike together. As for the thief, Unfortunately he got strung out on meth and killed a woman.

·
Registered
5,395 Posts
He is getting good karma out of this. A friend of mine is putting the driveline and rest of the bike together. As for the thief, Unfortunately he got strung out on meth and killed a woman.
He needs tossed to the gators in the swamp down there.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
Houdini, sorry to hear about Your Buddies Scooter being stolen by a "So Called Friend"!
Glad that he got it back and has a real Friend like You to paint it and Your Other Friend to put it all back together.
As far as the Meth Head Scum Bag that stole it, may The Downed Brothers in Lockup toss him around like a rag-doll.
Best of Luck to Your Friend Bro.
Mike U.

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Sorry to hear of the misfortune. Was all the pieces and parts engine, trans ect.,still with the bike ?

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys and oh I'm sure it will all come back to him in jail. The guy is a former harley tech and did a lot of the warranty work on my old dyna. I would say I'd worried he would've stolen mine as he apparently had gotten a few in the area but most people who see the 140 lb dogo/english mastiff let alone my lab/blue heeler mix, that guard my house and shop and decide it's not the best idea to grab anything that doesnt belong to them. As for everything being there he was quite lucky. Roughly 90 percent was present. He needed every bolt for the bike, new handlebars, axles, and a windshield. I was ecstatic at least the driveline and frame were unmolested.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And that's fine but why would you want to go back with a stock color when you are starting from that far down. If he truly wanted to do it a stock color I'd probably do it. But this is a friend and I'm donating most of the labor to this paint job. I wanted him to understand the world of possibilities that is out there. You get your bike back from a theft thinking you'd never see it again. Why paint it something that would blend right back in the parking lot.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well a small update. Got the inner fairing painted and cleared. Also the rear fender and gas tank are painted. Still have to get the speedo and tach nacelle painted so I can drop those pieces off to the mechanic. He just about has everything wired and hope it cranks and their was no other problems. Went with a Nissan kuro black and audi ibis white with some purple interference pearl over the white. The pics don't give the pearl justice. It's very subtle and the black looks so deep. My buddy is thrilled with the outcome so far so that's all that matters. We cant wait to see this back together.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts