Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice on best stuff to clean the stock rims with? Its time for them to be cleaned up and don't know what I should use. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
Take ride to your local auto parts store. They usually have a wall full of wheel cleaners. There's so many available theses days

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Does it really matter what you use to clean the wheels? ;-)
That said, I am currently using some Barrett-Jackson wheel cleaner. A buddy is a distributor and gave me some samples.
As said, auto parts stores have an aisle full of cleaners.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Some mag wheel cleaners at the auto parts can be harmful to painted surfaces. So if your wheels are powder coated or painted buy the cleaner that's safe for painted surfaces. I use Simple Green then Never Dull or Luster Pad on the polished surfaces.

·
Registered
329 Posts
DAWN dishwashing soap & warm water....safe for degreasing auto/moto wheels AND distressed water-fowl that landed on oil-spills;)...no...seriously...it works on both!

·
Registered
2021 RG special in Snake Venom
2,403 Posts
Soap and water if they are not bad. If there are is excessive iron deposits from braking you will need a dedicated wheel cleaner that dissolves the iron deposits. Sonax Full Effect is one of the best for this. No need to use it all the time, only when the wheels are extremely dirty.
I only use vehicle dedicated chemicals and cleaners on my truck, bike and the cars I detail. I have seen first hand the damage from some of these cleaners, it is not pretty.

·
Registered
143 Posts
soap & water. My wheels are powder coated gloss black so there isn't anything for me to really polish.

How is the powder coating holding up? I'm considering doing that

·
Registered
208 Posts
Simple Green or Dawn dish washing soap on anything painted or aluminum. They are great cleaning agents without being overly harsh.

Spray and Wash is a great pre-soak for anything Chrome, including spoke wheels.
What he said, not to mention that they are both affordable.......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.