Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the Harley Audio Support group today to get a clarification on the $150 charge to update the maps on my 2020 Limited later. I asked if the $150 was for a Subscription specifically a Lifetime Subscription. I was told "No the $150 is per update." Well after catching my breath I asked if Harley was going to share the drugs they were on. The person asked "What to you mean by that?". I explained that when I had my Zumo I could by a single update for $49 or a Lifetime Update for $110, and that the new Zumo's come with a Lifetime Update included in the cost.

I think the $150 per update cost is just to dang much. but would pay $150 for a lifetime update.

·
Registered
6,604 Posts
Sounds like Hiway Robbery to me.
I have the Road Tech Zumo 665 with lifetime updates and love it.
Have it on My 2012 Custom all the time.
Mike U.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I called the Harley Audio Support group today to get a clarification on the $150 charge to update the maps on my 2020 Limited later. I asked if the $150 was for a Subscription specifically a Lifetime Subscription. I was told "No the $150 is per update." Well after catching my breath I asked if Harley was going to share the drugs they were on. The person asked "What to you mean by that?". I explained that when I had my Zumo I could by a single update for $49 or a Lifetime Update for $110, and that the new Zumo's come with a Lifetime Update included in the cost.

I think the $150 per update cost is just to dang much. but would pay $150 for a lifetime update.
Just buy a new gps. Geese.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
It makes me laugh when people post stuff like this. OP have you ever looked at the price to update the maps on car/truck GPS.
You’ll find you run into the same issue.
Yeah, normal update cost on my GM Silverado is $150, though they offered it to me a few months ago for $99. Similar cost on the wife’s Jeep.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
As more and more vehicles roll out with Apple car play and android auto, they will have to come up with something else to make a living. Yes, I realize that will take a while, but they have already lost customers.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
The navigation algorithm on my Harley is second rate. I wouldn't bother updating the maps. I just use mine to display the speed and temp and let me know the street names before I get close enough to read the sign and realize I have to turn there as I pass by.

I would only be interested in an upgrade if it came with Apple Car play / Android Auto.

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
4,911 Posts

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Will the Apple Carplay work without cell signal?
Yes, but apps that depend on cell service won't. Car Play is just a screen remoting technology.
I have "maps.me" on my phone which is an offline mapping program. You download the maps of your route when you have signal or wifi and then use them to navigate without a cell signal. I'm not sure if that app shows up on the stereo though. I will check in my truck next Sunday when I am heading out on yet another work trip.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I have "maps.me" on my phone which is an offline mapping program. You download the maps of your route when you have signal or wifi and then use them to navigate without a cell signal. I'm not sure if that app shows up on the stereo though. I will check in my truck next Sunday when I am heading out on yet another work trip.
Not all apps are compatible with Car Play, and also not all manufacturers allow all apps that are compatible to work.

$29/mo for Maps.me. Whoo wee. Not going there!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts