Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Could be the stator. But I would get a second opinion from someone else with a voltmeter who knows how to use it. I am having the same issue with my side by side running through batteries and am going to get it checked out by someone who is better with a voltmeter than I am before I start replacing parts.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be the stator. But I would get a second opinion from someone else with a voltmeter who knows how to use it. I am having the same issue with my side by side running through batteries and am going to get it checked out by someone who is better with a voltmeter than I am before I start replacing parts.
Here the latest.

We tested new and old regulator with a test light from the negative battery terminal, all 3 posts of where the stator plugs into show voltage. On my personal bike I do not get any voltage detected doing this same test. It appears the battery voltage is flowing thru the VR(HD brand) backwards causing drain. I guess the new VR purchased from the dealer is bad. Gonna call cycle electric tomorrow to discuss issues and see what they say. If they verify there should not be voltage we will order one from them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Ya electrical problems can be so frustrating, and dropping $100+ on a battery every year gets old fast!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts