Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a FYI on this subject. Install on a 2018 RG Special and I did not have to buy new clutch and brake cables for this install. Just a small reroute took care if any clearance issues. The clutch cable was a bit challenging but it worked fine. You have to take it out of the cable harness under your gauge cluster and route it over top of you cables and wires in the cluster.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm planning on getting 14" Spearheads this winter, but might get 12" as I'm only 5'-7".

Are you running heated grips? If so, any issues installing them?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Personal opinion - looks ok if you have black bars. I also think they look stretched to the max, but it could just be the pictures.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Witchking, yes also added heated Harley Airflow grips.

Hell, there is nothing wrong with your opinion but it isn’t stretched at all. I understand if someone that does this install wants to get longer cables.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Maybe the '18s or the Specials are different from my '16 RGU, but no amount of re-routing would have made my stock brake and clutch line work without pulling as I approached the steering stops, and I'm running 14" Pathfinders. I'm about as cheap as they come, and there's no way I would have bought new lines had I not needed them.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Maybe the '18s or the Specials are different from my '16 RGU, but no amount of re-routing would have made my stock brake and clutch line work without pulling as I approached the steering stops, and I'm running 14" Pathfinders. I'm about as cheap as they come, and there's no way I would have bought new lines had I not needed them.
+1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts