Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forum and baggers, first time ever doin apes. I am 6'2" and looking for a comfortable height, also going to be getting a tallboy seat or one of that nature for more leg room, I was thinking 16 or 18's. I read the other posting about the extra wire lenght in the fairing, but what size extension did anyone else run or should you run on 16/18. Also I dont have ABS did need to do anything different? The way it sounds I need wire extension, clutch and thats it?????? Tahnx for everyone's help.:confused:

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 10" Yaffe apes, as doesn Neano, I believe. No extensions on the wiring on those so, you should be able to add 8-10" extensions for 16-18" apes. My advice is get more than you need. You can always zip tie the extra wire in the fairing. Standard Clutch and brake cables also work with 10" Yaffe bars but I am going to extend the clutch cable by 2" when I change to braided cables so, you will probably need 8" or so on your clutch cable. The brake line has plenty of length using standard so I wouldn't have much input there. I'm not sure what type of apes you are wanting to run but there is a company called Hill Country Customs in Austin, Texas that will send you the bars pre-wired. Takes all the guess work out.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Depending on what year bike will determine if you need extensions on the wiring. On the 2010 and up, you have enough wiring under your fairing to do 24" bars. Clutch cable and brake line are the things you will have to get longer of. If you have TBW, there is enough for up to 20" bars under the fairing as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 2008 and TBW, so then I am looking at +6 to +8 on the clutch and brake, with no wire extensions?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
its a 2008 and TBW, so then I am looking at +6 to +8 on the clutch and brake, with no wire extensions?
Yes sir :)

Chainsaw do yaffe 10's need extensions or not ? Christmas is around the corner.
You need nothing, stock cables works with the 10" yaffe's.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Mine too Ed. I just odered the cruise, one piece tbw, PM grips from HD dealer up the street. Going to do the bars right after T day. Hey do I new a HD dealer flash for the cruise to work?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hey Chain, I'm looking at putting 12" apes from KhromeWerks on this weekend. I got a 2010 FLTRX w/ABS. Think the stock cables will work?

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Hey Chain, I'm looking at putting 12" apes from KhromeWerks on this weekend. I got a 2010 FLTRX w/ABS. Think the stock cables will work?
Everything you have will work. You may have to reroute your clutch cable and your brake line, but the 2010 in stock form is long enough for 15".. thats what I run. Just had to route the clutch cable behind the frame and behind the triple trees, and cut zip ties on the brake line and pull excess from under the tank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts