Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing 16" LA Choppers apes onto my 2016 FLTRXS and I need a reality check. Do I have everything that I'll need listed below?

Hyd clutch line
ABS mid-line brake line
ABS Lower & Upper brake line
Copper Crush Washers
T.B.W. harness extension
Controls harness extension

I can easily find places for the cabling but where would you all recommend for a hose kit?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not 100% sure but from reading all these threads it seems like anything pass 14" you must change out all cables/wiring on the 2015+ models. This is a very common question so search the threads and im sure it'll be answered.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I'm installing 16" LA Choppers apes onto my 2016 FLTRXS and I need a reality check. Do I have everything that I'll need listed below?

Hyd clutch line
ABS mid-line brake line
ABS Lower & Upper brake line
Copper Crush Washers
T.B.W. harness extension
Controls harness extension

I can easily find places for the cabling but where would you all recommend for a hose kit?
I will be doing this same job for a buddy on his '09. He wants 16" LA chops installed. You don't want to forget your fluids and poly bushings for the lower clamps. I'd recommend the Drag Specialties ones from eBay. I personally install the Harley lower clamp bolts that they sell with their poly kits on all the bar installs I have done using poly. The electrical I source from Namz and for this job he got the 1 and done kit that Magnum sells for his '09. Good luck! Hope this helps a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts