Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,828 Posts
Good looking bars, I am thinking of going with their 12.5 bars. How did you like the quality of their bars, fitment ect?
Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
Looks great man! I'm thinking of buying their riser so I can take my Buky bars of my 2013 RG and put them on my wife's 2015 RGS. Then I'll go up to 16s. Did u run into a problem with the pin on the bottom of the hand controls? Was there a pin there? Thanks.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Are those Wild 1 bars? You had to get 1" diameter risers from Wild 1 for the bars to work? I only ask because I tore mine apart today to put Wild 1 Chubby 14" bars on that I ordered from Hill Country Custom Cycles. This was supposed to be complete but they didn't send risers to make them work. Now the bike is tore apart until I can call them tomorrow to get risers that will work for them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are plenty of companies making the bars for the 15 RG. The reason you have to buy a new clamp is because the chubby bars are not designed for the 15 RG. They do not have the correct hole for the wiring thats the reason for the new clamp. I would rather buy bars made for the 15.

·
Registered
593 Posts
There are plenty of companies making the bars for the 15 RG. The reason you have to buy a new clamp is because the chubby bars are not designed for the 15 RG. They do not have the correct hole for the wiring thats the reason for the new clamp. I would rather buy bars made for the 15.
True, but for me it's worth the hassle since I have tens of thousands of miles with 14" Wild 1 Chubby bars (they've been on my last 2 bikes). I'm very comfortable with those particular bars and wasn't in a mood to experiment with unfamiliar bars.

Wild 1 is shipping risers to me and Hill Country has agreed to reimburse me for the expense since they missed it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
True, but for me it's worth the hassle since I have tens of thousands of miles with 14" Wild 1 Chubby bars (they've been on my last 2 bikes). I'm very comfortable with those particular bars and wasn't in a mood to experiment with unfamiliar bars.

Wild 1 is shipping risers to me and Hill Country has agreed to reimburse me for the expense since they missed it.

Makes sense. Thats some awesome customer service too!!!

·
Registered
7,828 Posts

That is great customer service from Hill Country. I really like the Wild 1 12.5" rise handle bars, but not sure I want to mess with the riser clamp I would have to get and removing the pin/getting the smaller clamps to get them to work. Still considering doing it anyway.

·
Registered
593 Posts
That is great customer service from Hill Country. I really like the Wild 1 12.5" rise handle bars, but not sure I want to mess with the riser clamp I would have to get and removing the pin/getting the smaller clamps to get them to work. Still considering doing it anyway.
Yes, I'm very happy Brian @ Hill Country called and made things right. Changing the risers are no big deal, especially since I am installing the poly bushings (highly recommended). It's not adding any labor on my end so no big deal. BTW, removing those pins are a breeze.

I installed a set of the 12.5" Chubby's on my buddy's 2013 Road Glide and he loves them. Not much of a size difference from those to the 14" bars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts