Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Road Glide Special FLTRXS
I'm 6'3" and I decided on the 16" version of the Factory 47 Signatue Bar. The stock Schwinn bars gotta go.
That being said...
I don't have the garage, the time or the patience to do the work.

My question to you is: What is the definitive highest quality route for extending the Control Wire, Throttle by Wire, and ABS Brake Cables (am I forgetting anything)? Which aftermarket gear is the best?

Ride safe...
Jason,
Honolulu, HI

·
Registered
262 Posts
Subscribing. I'm in the same boat bit I'm doing 12-14 still undecided.

I'm looking for a, black braided clutch and brake cables.

Is factory 47 wire kit no good?

Forgot to mention I'm a 2012 so maybe I should start my own thread?

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
2016 Road Glide Special FLTRXS
I'm 6'3" and I decided on the 16" version of the Factory 47 Signatue Bar. The stock Schwinn bars gotta go.
That being said...
I don't have the garage, the time or the patience to do the work.

My question to you is: What is the definitive highest quality route for extending the Control Wire, Throttle by Wire, and ABS Brake Cables (am I forgetting anything)? Which aftermarket gear is the best?

Ride safe...
Jason,
Honolulu, HI
On the wiring, the wire should come out of the bars with stock length. On the hydraulic lines it can be tougher. On mine, I was able to cut some ties and still make the lines work. It was tight but did work. The wires were a non issue though. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock lines

On the wiring, the wire should come out of the bars with stock length. On the hydraulic lines it can be tougher. On mine, I was able to cut some ties and still make the lines work. It was tight but did work. The wires were a non issue though. Good luck.
Do you have a setup similar to mine? 16" apes? With factory brake and clutch lines? If it's possible to leave the hydraulic lines stock, that;s the route I want to take!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Do you have a setup similar to mine? 16" apes? With factory brake and clutch lines? If it's possible to leave the hydraulic lines stock, that;s the route I want to take!

No way 16" without rewire and cables. maybe 14" on 2015+ . I used 6+ both break and clutch. I bought end to end on controls except TBW was long enough if I remember correctly. Talk to Factory47 and buy Namz and Magnum. Don't cheap out your life could depend on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just installed the 14 inch Factory 47 signatures on 2015 Road Glide Special. Had to cut ties to extend cables. I can't imagine stock cables fitting on the 16 inch Signatures. I also had to remove the green plug in order to make my TWB work. I removed the bars three times before finally getting the throttle to work. BTW, there is an excellent instructions on this site showing exactly how to remove that plug and re-solder the wires. It solved all the throttle issues. I love the bars. They look great and will make my ride so much more comfortable. Have patience and the install should go smoothly. Daniel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Khaotic - I'm putting 16" Factory47's on my 2015RGS.
Was +6 the right length for you? Did you replace all of your brake lines, all three pieces?
Thanks in advance,
Ron

No way 16" without rewire and cables. maybe 14" on 2015+ . I used 6+ both break and clutch. I bought end to end on controls except TBW was long enough if I remember correctly. Talk to Factory47 and buy Namz and Magnum. Don't cheap out your life could depend on it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Khaotic - I'm putting 16" Factory47's on my 2015RGS.
Was +6 the right length for you? Did you replace all of your brake lines, all three pieces?
Thanks in advance,
Ron
Yes I talked to F47 they told me what I needed.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts