Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question to the collective........am I sitting good or sitting shit?

As the title says, 2016 RG (the basic, no special or limited or Ultra, the poor mans Glide) with V&H Power Duals - Bassani Slips - SE Pro Tuner and SE Ventilator - Had her Dyno'ed and tuned and came up with 85.99hp (its 86 to me) and 110 fpt

Am I in the ballpark of average? - It is still breaking in with a C Hair shy of 600 miles on the clock but this is what I got

What say you oh wise ones of power? - Be honest.....if its shit....I can take it

Attachments

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Looks good to me. Everything I've read and everyone I've talked to has said with a stage 1. 85 to 90 hp and 105 to 110 ft lbs of torque. How does it feel? Have you had a chance to thrash on it?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Up over 100 ft-lbs between 2700 and 4500 rpms sounds like fun to me....I am not sure how many miles on a Harley is broken in but on my King it really seemed to liven up at about 3500 miles.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just took it out for its morning beating and am happy with it - Chirping 2nd like a puppy getting spanked and sounds wicked too - Feels great all the way through...no flat spots or bogs of any kind

Was more just curious as I have no idea on these things

Thx Lads

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have 800 mile trip planned June 10th and when I get back, my 16 RG Ultra goes in for the dyno. I have V&H PD with V&H monster rounds with the screaming eagle air cleaner and will post my results once done to compare. I down in Houston where the humidity is unbearable already. I am told that different environments will have different results.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
That's about what we see on our dyno on the stock Rushmore with pipes, mufflers, and a/c. We always do a pull on the bike before we do the cam/lifter/ etc upgrade to give the customer a comparison of what their bike actually did and what the new enhancement produces. Nice job and a clean dyno run.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's about what we see on our dyno on the stock Rushmore with pipes, mufflers, and a/c. We always do a pull on the bike before we do the cam/lifter/ etc upgrade to give the customer a comparison of what their bike actually did and what the new enhancement produces. Nice job and a clean dyno run.
Smashing - Thanks Man -The pull looks clean.....just curious of the peaks should have been higher - Very happy with how the old gal is running - About to go log a few hundo on her today

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I see pulls like that and wonder why anyone wants to screw with cams.
Ha - Right? - Chasing Power.....its a never ending battle.

Years ago when I bought my 1st HD, an old MX buddy who had been down that path told me something very wise............"Don't Chase HP out a HD" - He had a SG that he Staged 4 and more and said he would have been fine with just a good Stage 1 - Some guys drop in Cams and get some great performance......others barely register but i hear ya man

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Ha - Right? - Chasing Power.....its a never ending battle.

Years ago when I bought my 1st HD, an old MX buddy who had been down that path told me something very wise............"Don't Chase HP out a HD" - He had a SG that he Staged 4 and more and said he would have been fine with just a good Stage 1 - Some guys drop in Cams and get some great performance......others barely register but i hear ya man
I have the most expensive Softail in the world (purchase price, cost of buying it back during my divorce, lots of motor and cosmetic work). I literally could have bought a race bike and a truck to take it to the track for what I have in it.

It's a very fast Harley. It's a dog-slow motorcycle.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the most expensive Softail in the world (purchase price, cost of buying it back during my divorce, lots of motor and cosmetic work). I literally could have bought a race bike and a truck to take it to the track for what I have in it.

It's a very fast Harley. It's a dog-slow motorcycle.
Ugh - Sorry man - Hate to hear of "D Stories" like this but I do like you last quote of "Fast Harley, Slow Motorcycle"

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Just 5 years ago those would be considered excellent numbers with stage 1 and bolt-in cams. I have to agree with the Train on this one.

Put your hard earned $ on something else. Problem with that is you have a killer looking ride as it is.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts