Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm tryin' to get some of this chrome off the new scoot. Looking at the P&A catalog, I don't see an outer primary cover in "wrinkle black" for the '16 Road Glide? I see chrome (which I have) and gloss black. Just checking so make sure I'm not missing something here :) If you've got a wrinkle black one, I'll swap ya chrome ...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try PN 60706-09A
Thanks, John - I think that's not the narrow profile cover - from what I've been able to dig up today, HD doesn't yet make what I'm looking for. It's very odd because they make cam covers, transmission covers and horn covers in wrinkle black - but I would assume that at this point in time, it'd be a low-volume product.

I have a plan for "a bike needs a name" and it's ditching the chrome one piece at a time :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sorry, I forgot that the new ones come with the narrow primary. Mine is a '15, I assumed it was the same.

Not sure if you need the narrow primary. It looks like the narrow cover will bolt up to the 07-15 models, so I would guess that the regular primary cover would bolt up to yours. On the other hand, powdercoating your primary would work and would probably save you a few dollars.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I forgot that the new ones come with the narrow primary. Mine is a '15, I assumed it was the same.

Not sure if you need the narrow primary. It looks like the narrow cover will bolt up to the 07-15 models, so I would guess that the regular primary cover would bolt up to yours. On the other hand, powdercoating your primary would work and would probably save you a few dollars.
You're correct - it should bolt right up - my issue is that I've got a 28" inseam and am "toeing" it already - and I like to commute in shorts. Putting the standard primary cover on there would not be comfortable, and I know i'd burn my calf on it... A man's gotta know his limitations ha! I'll probably yank it and have it powder coated - I just hate being "down" for an unknown period of time. If I get a replacement, I could be "down and up" in under an hour.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
So I'm tryin' to get some of this chrome off the new scoot. Looking at the P&A catalog, I don't see an outer primary cover in "wrinkle black" for the '16 Road Glide? I see chrome (which I have) and gloss black. Just checking so make sure I'm not missing something here :) If you've got a wrinkle black one, I'll swap ya chrome ...
Pm me and I'll give you guys name that does the wrinkle black primaries. He is out of Plano, Texas and ships everywhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts