Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been working on this build idea for about 9 months. It starting coming together about a month ago when I got in touch with a friend, Matt, about doing some heads with my specs. He was game and so it went. The heads turned out killer and the dyno sheet says the rest. Comes on early and stays out late. Could not have asked for a better turn out on a build. The engine tuned easy with no bad habits. It's a motor that can be ridden for 50,000 miles with no problem and go cross country cruising or hauling ass on the super slab. Stoked to ride out to Big Bend next Saturday!

Specs:

110 drop in cylinders and pistons
103 heads, 87cc, 1.8" port, 1.95" intake, 1.61 exhaust by MCI
T-Man 585 cams
S.E. tapered adj. pushrods
.030 head gasket
HPI 58/62 Throttle body port matched
D&D Boarzilla

Built by Smarty
Tuned by Smarty

Final tune will be done in a week. It's close, just some small tweaks to wake it up.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Oh Hell Yeah!!! Is that at 10.5:1?

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
Nicely done

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The epitome of a "Sport Touring" Build;

Great #s / Beautiful Curves for the "Sport" :grin:

Reasonable Static Compression / Reasonable CCP / Quiet Motor for the "Touring" ...

'Loves me some T-Man Cams @ 10.4:cool:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Congrats Smarty
That is awesome
Can't what to see you ripping it up in that back woods.
Swomack
I can hear the wheels in Swomacks head turning from here!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Been working on this build idea for about 9 months. It starting coming together about a month ago when I got in touch with a friend, Matt, about doing some heads with my specs. He was game and so it went. The heads turned out killer and the dyno sheet says the rest. Comes on early and stays out late. Could not have asked for a better turn out on a build. The engine tuned easy with no bad habits. It's a motor that can be ridden for 50,000 miles with no problem and go cross country cruising or hauling ass on the super slab. Stoked to ride out to Big Bend next Saturday!

Specs:

110 drop in cylinders and pistons
103 heads, 87cc, 1.8" port, 1.95" intake, 1.61 exhaust by MCI
T-Man 585 cams
S.E. tapered adj. pushrods
.030 head gasket
HPI 58/62 Throttle body port matched
D&D Boarzilla

Built by Smarty
Tuned by Smarty

Final tune will be done in a week. It's close, just some small tweaks to wake it up.
Look at that, it only took a 110 kit, cam job, and a tune to get within 10 horsepower of my Stage 1 VRod @ 69 cubic inches! I like the comfy 15' Road Glide, but really miss the 135
@ the wheel and 9k redline of the VRod.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts