Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody lower their 17 glide with the new coilover suspension yet? I just got a kit off eBay that was supposed to be for new bikes, but it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
I've been looking for a kit that will work for sure too. I think Yaffe makes a set for the premium hand adjustable shocks. I'm to cheap to be a guinea pig

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, looks like it might be some time before they make a cheap link. Interested to hear what the company that sold me this kit that's no good says tomorrow.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
If you just want to lower the rear by 1" try the blocks from Tamarak, they are very well made and work.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
might be a dumb question, but does the 2017 RG have a different suspension set up from the previous years?
I can only speak for the Special, it's exactly the same, so I imagine the Ultra and Standard would be.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I can only speak for the Special, it's exactly the same, so I imagine the Ultra and Standard would be.
I thought that the 17 Special had all New Suspension??

·
Registered
519 Posts
No sir. The 2017 RGS have updated suspensions, front and rear. And they are vastly improved IMHO.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I have a 16 and a 17 FLTRXS, please tell me the difference, must be totally internal because everything looks the same, especially the rear shocks, I can't see inside the front. And both bikes definitely handle alike........so enlighten me to the difference.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
I also have the same lowering blocks on both bikes, and plan to change the front of the 17 as soon as a wheel I ordered comes in.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2017 Front Fork

I just got a job of another 2017 front fork 30mm Ohlins Cartridge conversion I do. I remove the check valves so I can have of an option of 7 1/2" of stroke starting within the range of anywhere in between the sliders hitting the beer can bolts to where it can not go any further. I will cut the check valve apart once separated from the fork tube and let you compare a 2016 to the new and the 2017 much improved super suspension front forks. The check valves are the only change between the 2016 & 2017 fork. I will get this done next week.

·
Administrator
12,504 Posts
Howard, I'll be waiting, I do know and trust you'll know if there's any significant differences. As I said, the rear shocks look the same and I haven't been inside the front, it may be different, but I honestly can't tell the difference. As for the rear, the same blocks will fit. Howard I know you don't approve, but I have a few more things to do before I go Ohlins, have to spend my pennies on a few other things. Still loving the JRIs on my 10 though.

·
Registered
174 Posts
A little work done

Here is a side by side look at a 2016 and 2017 fork tube. The difference is the new plastic oil distribution/restriction plate (green) and the holes are up higher to enter or exit this plastic piece. The slide bushing is exactly the same (interchangeable) as is the length. They cost $125/each w/$5 shipping from Board Tracker. The 2016 is/was $100.00/each. A $25/each increase for pennies worth of plastic. Now go line up for this newest wiz bang nifty magically device that will make your 2017 handle like a dream. Next week I will remove the check valve and cut the 2017, 2016 FLT & a 2006~current 49mm Dyna out and cut them in 1/2 for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Legend Suspensions, has a 2017 Road Glide front lowering kit.
It lowers the front suspension 1", by replacing the internals with better performing gas-filled cartridges.
I'll post a review when mine gets installed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts