Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After shitty service from the Spacecoast Stealership, I took my sputtering and coughing '18 RG Special to Doc's Performance Tuning in Mineola Florida. Doc has already built two of my previous CVOs into monsters so i felt pretty comfortable he could fix the mess the Stealership service department had caused. With only 1,500 miles the bike was trying to stall when I dropped the clutch and the check engine light was throwing rear O2 sensor codes. Doc removed the HD 515 crap cams and replaced them with TTS 200s. After new cams, lifters, push rods and a TTS tuner it was time for the Dyno. Doc turned my POS into a 123.5 HP / 123.3 ft/lbs of stump-pulling torque rocket ship. Doc is the master. He has added so much performance to my investments over the years and improved the reliability over the HD prescribed offerings.

Attachments

·
Registered
967 Posts
Doc also tuned my 2012 RGC after disappointing performance from other tuner. Will not go nowhere else for engine upgrades.
No BS great service. :+1:

·
Super Moderator
12,315 Posts
Doc is great and anyone who knows anything about him knows that. Only thing with the M8 is they won’t want to warranty your engine now. Space Coast will give you a great price when buying a bike, I know nothing about their service department, I usually do all my service.

·
Registered
111 Posts
+ 1 On Docs Performance ! On my 12’ Roadglide Custom , I added the V&H power duals , twin slash slip-ons, Drak A/C , & S&S M103 cam , w/ the FP3. The FP3 just couldn’t ( or it was me ) get it “ perfect” . Bought it to Docs , he took the FP3 off & did the dyno w/ the TTS . The bike was as smooth as butter , in every gear & RPM range . Best $1000 I spent . Got 110 HP & 110 Torque . Last month I traded my 12’ , for an 18’ road glide special. I called called Doc , and express my concern over voiding my warranty. His response was, “would you rather have a bike that runs like sh** , For the next two years, or have a bike that runs perfect” . Great point, but still worried about the warranty . The #’s I am seeing on Fuel Moto website, appears the M8 will be an awesome platform for mods ! When I’m ready to Pull the trigger Doc will be the man !!!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Once again, no substitute for a quality tune done by a person that knows what they are doing.
It costs a lot of money to have a bike tuned properly, between a TTS or PV, and the dyno time. However, there is NO substitute for it.
To the OP, Congrats on getting everything out of your build.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, that cam with the stage 4 holds over 120 tq from 2,750 to nearly red line. I have the same cam in my 17 RGS with stage 3 and it drops off at 4,000 rpms. This show me what the CNC heads, TB and injectors can do. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Wow, that cam with the stage 4 holds over 120 tq from 2,750 to nearly red line. I have the same cam in my 17 RGS with stage 3 and it drops off at 4,000 rpms. This show me what the CNC heads, TB and injectors can do. Thanks for sharing.
What tuner are you using? I recently bought the TTS200 cam for my stage III 114. What are your numbers? Thank you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Doc is the man! Doc installed my cams, air cleaner, pipes, and tuned my 17 Glide. I couldn't be happier. Doc is a master of his craft, taking time to explain every detail, and educate me on the finer points of tuning. He is the only tuner that I will use. I cannot praise his work enough!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Did Doc by any chance say why you were losing o2's? My buddy is having problems with that on his 17 with the 114 kit. Actually my cammed 103 is faster then his 114.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I've had Doc and Wes Brown at Cycle Rama build motors for me. Had great results with both. I'm lucky to have 2 great guys close enough to me when I want engine mods.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts