Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my bike re tuned after cam install by Dr. Dyno (Fred). DrDyno.com - the "Feel the Difference" therapy for your motorcyle. Graph shows tune done by someone else and the after by Dr. Dyno.

Setup is as follows. 18 CVO RG, fullsac M8 header pipe, Bassanit DNT slip ons, Power Vision tuner, Redshift 468 cams.

Overall I'm happy with the performance, but my concern is the dip from 2000-2500. Fred said the air fuel was about as good as it can get in that area and if I wanted to get rid of the dip, I needed an exhaust that was more restrictive. For those that don't know Fred, he is a retired engineer, that has been tuning for 30 years, and is quite the perfectionist. He doesn't sell or install exhaust or any extras other than power commanders, so he wasn't trying to sell me parts like others I've seen.

So how do I know what exhaust would have more back pressure than my current setup? I've been looking at the 2 into 1's. I know the D & D is up there, but I had that on my last RG and was never a big fan of the sound. Fuel Moto and Bassani Road Rage are the others I'm looking at.

This is the statement he makes with his graphs: Note that Dr. Dyno's graphs are not for horsepower shootout purposes.
Each bike is tested in 5th and as-ridden with normal tire pressure, air cleaner installed and a rider.
Speed governed bikes are tested in 4th.
Some slight "touch-up" tweaks on the fuel maps may be done after the final dynorun.

Bikes dynoed with an over-inflated tire, over-advanced ignition timing, no air cleaner, w/o a rider and in sixth gear WILL show artificially exaggerated horsepower and torque curves.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I had a long chat with my guy who built my '15 Motor last weekend about what he is seeing and getting out of "The New M8 Options" and from what he told me, he is okay with the Stock Headers, with the CAT in - Said the redesign of the CAT is longer and not as "Jammed Up" as the older versions therefore back pressure and flow are good - Said he has a Map that has been tweaked for the M8 and Stages Associated with to load and getting great numbers - Saw a build that was '18 M8 107 HD Stage 2 with Torque Cams, Ventilator AC and Reinhart 4.5 Slips putting down 106 HP and close to 120 FPT - Cams, Slips, AC and a Map and those are some damn good numbers.

Not for nothing but I trust my guy as I see his work everywhere (owned it for a while too) and if he states the Stock Head Pipes are good to build from, I trust him and his numbers speak for themselves - Will never get the Twin Cam Straight Exhaust sound out of a M8 with the CAT in but cannot argue with the graphs

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Beautiful scooter dude. Love that color. Best looking of the CVO’s in my opinion.
I’m curious, Can you really feel that dip? It’s pretty low in the curve for an M8, no? Meaning you’re pretty much always in the rise of the curve other than taking off. Other than the dip, how’s it feel?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beautiful scooter dude. Love that color. Best looking of the CVO’s in my opinion.
I’m curious, Can you really feel that dip? It’s pretty low in the curve for an M8, no? Meaning you’re pretty much always in the rise of the curve other than taking off. Other than the dip, how’s it feel?
Thanks! She feels great. And no I can’t feel the dip, but what I feel is setting launches back in the seat when I hit 3k, and love it. It fixing that dip makes that feeling come on earlier then that’s what I will do lol.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That's very imoressive. It would be nice to have the doctor come here to Norway!

Doc Dyo charges 100-200 US$ – that's reasonable. I paid the local MoCo more than 500 US$ and after reading Doc Dyno's tuning tips I have the eerie feeling that I have been bamboozled. The Tuning Link feature on the Dyno Jet seems like the quick&easy fix, but you are actually paying top dollars for a mediocre job... :(

·
Registered
92 Posts
"Overall I am happy with the performance".... Well then stop and spend your money elsewhere. If you didn't have the "dyno" to look at could you feel it? probably not..... Ride it and enjoy. just my opinion. CSM-h

·
Registered
63 Posts
Had my bike re tuned after cam install by Dr. Dyno (Fred). DrDyno.com - the "Feel the Difference" therapy for your motorcyle. Graph shows tune done by someone else and the after by Dr. Dyno.

Setup is as follows. 18 CVO RG, fullsac M8 header pipe, Bassanit DNT slip ons, Power Vision tuner, Redshift 468 cams.

Overall I'm happy with the performance, but my concern is the dip from 2000-2500. Fred said the air fuel was about as good as it can get in that area and if I wanted to get rid of the dip, I needed an exhaust that was more restrictive. For those that don't know Fred, he is a retired engineer, that has been tuning for 30 years, and is quite the perfectionist. He doesn't sell or install exhaust or any extras other than power commanders, so he wasn't trying to sell me parts like others I've seen.

So how do I know what exhaust would have more back pressure than my current setup? I've been looking at the 2 into 1's. I know the D & D is up there, but I had that on my last RG and was never a big fan of the sound. Fuel Moto and Bassani Road Rage are the others I'm looking at.

This is the statement he makes with his graphs: Note that Dr. Dyno's graphs are not for horsepower shootout purposes.
Each bike is tested in 5th and as-ridden with normal tire pressure, air cleaner installed and a rider.
Speed governed bikes are tested in 4th.
Some slight "touch-up" tweaks on the fuel maps may be done after the final dynorun.

Bikes dynoed with an over-inflated tire, over-advanced ignition timing, no air cleaner, w/o a rider and in sixth gear WILL show artificially exaggerated horsepower and torque curves.
Yes, he's good at what he does. He tuned my 2003 Heritage Springer (Power Commander) out in the hills outside of Lake Havasu, AZ way back when. I doubt he remembers me, but I remember the experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts