1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
looks great...now come up herre to melissa and help me with mine...lol...jk

·
Registered
381 Posts
Are those the 1.5" or 1.25" gangsters? I've always wondered how it would look on a shark with the bars being so wide, can you post a pic from the front? Looks badass from the side!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are 1.5's. I'll get a few more pics later and post 'em

Are those the 1.5" or 1.25" gangsters? I've always wondered how it would look on a shark with the bars being so wide, can you post a pic from the front? Looks badass from the side!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Damn those bars make your bike look wicked. :cool:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There have been several that have asked, so...

I used the new riser from LA Choppers for 07-12 FLTR. No cutting, or grinding.
The cables, I broke down and ordered a LA Choppers kit. The one thing I would have changed about that kit (and I may order another upper piece) is the upper line. It comes off at a 30* angle. And I would order an upper line with a 90* so it sticks straight out to match the angle of the clutch line. I'm kind of OCD and the asymmetry bugs me.
The wiring, I ordered the again LA choppers extension kit. Initially because they were available and the Novello kit wasn't. The Difference in the two are the Novello kit has the plug n play with both female and male molex pins per-crimped on the wires. Or a kit with the male ends only. The LA kit has the wires, and the molex pins. But they aren't crimped on. I didn't know this before hand, but it worked out for the better though because I wound up stagger cutting the wires and soldering them all at the plug connector end. I think it was overall a better method, so I'm kind of glad I ordered that kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
As for the pictures, I'm at the fire station today, so I'll try to get a few pictures at different angles, but it's been a beating at work today. The heat makes everyone a little crazy and keeps us busy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In these pictures, I have the bars a little back, and in line with the forks. I did tilt them forward to a straight up position, just to see how I like that. But didn't get any pictures of them straight up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I slouch a little. And with them in this position, when riding, I lean waaaay back up against my backrest. Almost too laid back and too comfortable. That's why I am going to try them forward a little more. Try to get me sitting more upright.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Didnt realize u were right down the road...my boys love the Mckinney fire trucks because of the spinnin lites on the front of the cab. Back to the bike though ....just got mine orderedand hopefully the bars will be here Wed. The cables should be here by the weekend...the beer should finally be ice cold by then too(gotta love Texas heat). One question though...did u use the CVO twist grip extended sensor or did u splice the tbw?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just extend the wires. Cut out the plug and solder in.

Didnt realize u were right down the road...my boys love the Mckinney fire trucks because of the spinnin lites on the front of the cab. Back to the bike though ....just got mine orderedand hopefully the bars will be here Wed. The cables should be here by the weekend...the beer should finally be ice cold by then too(gotta love Texas heat). One question though...did u use the CVO twist grip extended sensor or did u splice the tbw?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts