Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to use Rockford Fosgate T1650s component speaker setup. The 6.5 midrange speaker does not fit flush inside the fairing speaker cavity. The speaker magnet seems to be hitting the inside of the speaker box cavity. These speakers look a bit smaller than some of the other speakers like the infinity kappa 62.11 that a lot of folks here use. Are the speaker enclosures on the 18 RGS different than the 15 RGS. I think I had more room in my 15RGS.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good Idea I will try that..Should I do it from inside the pod or heat it from the outside since the fairing is off?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Are you using any type of adapter or mounting directly to the pods?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am trying to go directly into the PODS.. I used JBL GTO638 6.5inch speakers in my 15 RGS and they went directly into the pods with no issue. These RF 6.5 mid range speakers from the T1650s component
system are hitting the inside of the pods and not allowing a flush fit onto the pod speaker ring.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I installed 6.5" HERTZ speakers in my 2016 FLTRXS and had the same problem. I ended cutting the housing of the speakers just enough to fit the magnets. I used the original mounting. It work perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts