Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having a hard time deciding what upgrades to install this winter....Stage 1....21” Front Wheel...or extended hardbags...I can only do one.

What kind of upgrades are people getting this winter...

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
NOTHING! See my recent thread!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I am not doing anything this winter, but I have new tires waiting to go on in the spring along with my 10k service. I keep toying with the idea of a new front end kit, or possibly just changing out the oil in the forks to the heavy duty weight. Not sure.

I would opt for stage 1 if I were in your shoes. Get the performance done and out of the way, then save up for that front wheel. ;)

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Toss up with the bags and the 21. I think end of the day the bags. Unless the you're lowering the front end an inch with the 21. If not I'd go extended bags.

I'm adding the Defiance boards and do dads that accompany said boards. Shift knob, brake pad, rear boards. Factory 47 12" Signature bars. Black. Maybe the Anarchy bag guards as well. Trying to be good to my bank account. It hasn't recovered from the 2 new bikes and 8 weeks out of work. Lol. But I think a new helmet is in the future and some more CD led lighting.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Oh shit. Stage 1. I thought it said Stage 2. Sorry. MK45s the Ventilator air cleaner and the SEPST. Ya. That's for sure what I'd do.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I’m having a hard time deciding what upgrades to install this winter....Stage 1....21” Front Wheel...or extended hardbags...I can only do one.

Lu, start with the Extended Hardbags then save up for the 21" Front Wheel which You may find on a special deal if You search.
Advanblack Extended Bags get great reviews.
As for me, no Winter Mods so far, toying with the idea of a Baker 6 Speed Reverse if money and time permits.
My Old Legs could use, but not necessary, a little help backing up at times.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Now that my rambling days are over with and we are settled down in Punta Gorda Fl my winter project will be to ride sorry northern members could not resist LOL Bike is a year old and 30,000 mile service will be due soon

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Now that my rambling days are over with and we are settled down in Punta Gorda Fl my winter project will be to ride sorry northern members could not resist LOL Bike is a year old and 30,000 mile service will be due soon
How many miles are you going to "ramble" around in Sunny FL this winter Bob? There's always Key West two or three times :laugh::laugh::wink:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm doing a cam, head pipe, tuner, and matching the rear boards to the front defiance. Hope to have it done before the snow stays around so I can make sure she's good to go come spring time. Parts ordered.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll be converting the bat wing to shark nose.

New shop is usable, just need to move lift, bike and tool chest over. That's this weekend's project now that my riding season is officially over (county laid down the brine solution yesterday and forecast is calling for chance of snow just about everyday for the next week).

All parts received for the conversion less the bars and a few random fasteners, still trying to decide what to do there, 12" or 14"?!

·
Registered
233 Posts

Stage 1 is always first for me, then bags, then wheels.

I just finished the 124 build and new GTS setup. Yesterday I ordered:
  • Native Customs Fat tire kit
  • 13” rotor and 6 piston caliper for single side brake conversion
  • Dirty Air Stealth Front and Rear Air Ride
  • MRI Center Stand
  • New 2 into 1 S&S Sidewinder exhaust (to accommodate MRI center stand)
New fat tire kit, speaker lids and lowers I added a couple months ago with the sound system mean I’ve got to make another trip to my painter this winter too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I will get rid of the old style water pump installing the new kit, already in my garage.
I will remap the bike leaving on the stock muffler that I had to re-install following police busting me in early October but I will install back my V&H grenade air filter.
I’m going to have a lot of time available, since Jan 1st I’ll be retired >:)

·
Registered
101 Posts

b

For me 21" will be the better choice. It's on my shopping list but for this winter it will be fairing lowers (oem ones) with speakers (amp will wait) and maybe a cvo rear end (started collecting parts)

My wallet is dead, changing house roof and a new bike was too much this year....

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys....decided to get a stage 1...just bought the following...

- DynoJet Power Vision from Fuel moto (that way I can get upgraded maps as I add performance mods)
- Arlen Ness Method A/C (got a good deal on Amazon - $100 off MSRP)

I’ll get S&S MK45 from FM at a later time
then FM's 2-1-2 header to remove the CAT
after that, Woods WM8-22x cam from FM. (install MoCo's 2020 oil pump)

Lastly, I might just go the FM to have them tune it.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
When you get the 21" wheel, do you plan on getting a less clunky looking stock front fender, like one of the Klockwerks? If so, do the bags now but also purchase the fender and have that painted at the same time. Should save you money with the painter and you'll be ready for whenever you have the scratch to buy the front wheel. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
6,949 Posts
Maybe they can fix you up with a new gas cap while you're there. Specify the "non-leaking" type! Lol.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Damn, FM is awesome (I had their full exhaust and PC3 on my 11 RGU), they sent me the tracking number first thing this morning.....looks like wrenching time this weekend :cool:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts