Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
I don’t have a gun, here in Italy if you ever have to use it troubles will come as waves. No 2nd amendment here.....
But if I ever decide to buy one I would go for this, that if I’m not wrong it is only a collectibles because it is not produced anymore

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm kinda partial to my Rugers

Wade

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,686 Posts
Love my 1911's .. had a Ruger P90 , lost in house fire , good but still prefer 1911 .. Like the HK , my brother had one , was sposed to get , along with several others (pre ban HK91 was in the mix also) when he passed , but never got it ..

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Second Retirement gift. I have others but this one will always be special Double Stack 14 rounds. Heavy do your part it will hit what you aim at. Of course I fired it I never could left a firearm sit in a box and never fire it.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I haven't shot a 1911 since the Marine Corps. I'm really not a fan of the ergonomics. The Glock 21, 45 cal is so much more comfortable to shoot. The same can be said with other brands of 45 cal I have shot. Modern designs just fit my hand better. I must admit, they are visually appealing.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking at getting a SA range officer. How do u guys like em?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've had the SA RO Elite Target and the SA RO Elite Operator. No issues with either. I wasn't a fan of the rear sight on the Target model, just personal preference.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I've had my fair share of 1911's, from all price points.... by far my favorite "style" of handgun and I consider them to be the equivalent of our HD's.

My list includes:
Sig C3
SA Operator w/rail
Colt New Agent
Nighthawk Heinie Custom bobtail

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
How about a 1911 style? I don't have a 1911.
View attachment 377133
That works.

I had a Ruger 1911 after lusting after them in the shops for a few years. Found a pre-owned, never fired one for a great price so I bought it. Put 100 rounds through it and didn't enjoy shooting it. Sold it for what I had in it and bought another Sig. A 220 this time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Love my Stainless 1911 Para Expert, not the best gun for CC due to size and weight, my S&W SD9VE 9mm is the CC of choice for me.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I haven't shot a 1911 since the Marine Corps. I'm really not a fan of the ergonomics. The Glock 21, 45 cal is so much more comfortable to shoot. The same can be said with other brands of 45 cal I have shot. Modern designs just fit my hand better. I must admit, they are visually appealing.
I love 1911s but I am in the same boat here. I've fired those that my friends have brought to the range (including a Kimber that I gave hard consideration to!) but feel more comfortable with my Glocks... especially my Glock 41. So much to consider, especially comfort in your hand. As the saying goes, "there are no ugly puppies!" It's all subjective... love all firearms though!

Semper Fi, brother!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts