Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been in search of a longer toe shifter for years for my '80 FLT. I think if I had the pair off someone's old FLT, I might be able to have them machined so that they could be combined into a long toe shifter, but I don't want to try to lengthen what is on the bike in case it doesn't work out. This is for a shovel, so '80, '81, '82 should also work. I'm a 20 year Navy vet if that makes any difference.

Anyone?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,934 Posts
the current shifters have a -82 part number , so dont know about 82 , you have that funky machining on the shifter IIRC , I would take a new one and see if it fits , do you want heel and toe or just toe ?? I love heel and toe , but love my full footboard better ..

I have one here ( new style ) thats not being used if ya wanna try it ..

22 Navy here

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the current shifters have a -82 part number , so dont know about 82 , you have that funky machining on the shifter IIRC , I would take a new one and see if it fits , do you want heel and toe or just toe ?? I love heel and toe , but love my full footboard better ..
I have one here ( new style ) thats not being used if ya wanna try it ..
22 Navy here
I appreciate the offer. I just ended up talking to one of the old boys down at the dealer who had something on his computer where he looked up the old part number and seems that someone down in Georgia had an NOS heel shifter. The only bad thing about the whole deal was the price. I put down $40 and expected to pay another $15 to 20. Ended up costing $85... BUT I got it installed this evening, so have two heel shifters and my foot now fits on the floorboards. I love the heel toe shift.. feel lost without.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts