Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently acquired a 1988 road/tour glide classic (85th anniversary edition I believe) and I've owned a 1988 springer Softail anniversary edition. Am really familiar with evos and love them alot. But I'm having trouble finding the production numbers for these road glide especially this year any help?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I have recently acquired a 1988 road/tour glide classic (85th anniversary edition I believe) and I've owned a 1988 springer Softail anniversary edition. Am really familiar with evos and love them alot. But I'm having trouble finding the production numbers for these road glide especially this year any help?
See my answer to your other post about this.

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
I will have to find the numbers for each year , but if I dig deep enough I posted the numbers year by year long ago here , was about fifteen thousand TG's made for all years as I recall

JtB

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
In general Cusstomer service will 6 to 12 months fter a production year ends will give you the numbers if you call with a vin. They can even tell you the colors. If they will bother with 1988 ? is the real question.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had the numbers somewhere for all the TG's , had an 84 and 88 , wish I still had either one ..

JtB
Hey man I appreciate it, I went to you post and filtered till I found it, says the fltc had 839 made, just wondering if that changed with it being the 85th anniversary edition? If not that's cool but I know on my springer Softail anniversary edition there were around 1400 made but I got the California emissions system one that they only made 132 of, so wondering if the same.kidn of things applied to the fltc here. I'll give Harley a call but I appreciate your post. Much much help. 😁

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I will have to find the numbers for each year , but if I dig deep enough I posted the numbers year by year long ago here , was about fifteen thousand TG's made for all years as I recall

JtB
I also only think that the numbers may be different because when you posted the production numbers it said the Electra glide was around 5k produced but there were only 850 anniversary edition flhtc units made.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, call HD, I‘m betting it’s gonna be on the low side, that bike wasn’t that popular back then.
True true the tour glide didn't get much attention, even Google tries to correct me thinking I'm looking for an Electra glide smh I found some info that helps from jackthebagger but not enough detail yet, will probably run Vin check through Harley see what info it gives

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
No idea what year HD started doing it. They do report sales in CA. separate from the rest of the US.
When I checked my 2017 RGU Blackhills gold a black there were 300 in us and 10 in CA, is how they reported the sales.

·
Premium Member
2010 FLTRX, 96 No Mo, Plain Jane
2,042 Posts
I still have my original tour Glide service manual, wood the information that you're looking for be in that manual?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts