Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ridding at operating temperate (70mph-2700rpm) my oil pressure gauge read 9psi+- and my voltage gauge read 9+-v...pulled over everything sounded fine/tight. Rode the 10 miles into town and had to stop at two traffic lights looked down and meters were both back to normal 20psi 14v..??? Sounds like a wiring prob but everything is in place? This is a ‘92 Ultra...not a computer bike

·
Registered
773 Posts
It sounds like a wiring issue to me. More than likely in the fairing. There is a harness that feeds your 4 small gauges. Depending on how the harness it routed around the fairing support brackets, a wire could be rubbed through by the metal. If you know you have oil and there are no odd sounds, and you have checked your battery, at the terminals, with a multimeter and your bike is charging, I would then check the wires in the fairing.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Not a lot of metal in a 92 fairing, but I'm with Crazy on the location. Everything in the fairing is dependent on a ground wire that is attached to the two bolt fairing mount behind the headlights that is easy to break if stuff is packed up in that area, and/or snags it a few times..

Years ago I had two coffee cups sitting on top of a pup tent that was stuffed into the fairing of my 82 (during a run) that drove me nutz for months, because (I'd forgotten about the tent...) they were tinking together going down the road.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts