Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's what the add says, but I know that there wasn't a SE RG in 1999. Pics look like SE heads, but idk about the rest.

How do I know if it's a 88" or 95"? Do the 95SE motors have the same issues as the 88s? What do I look at to tell which motor it is? can you tell if it's carbureted or EFI from the pics? It's got 15k miles and they're asking $9.5k. if it's the stock 88 it's definitely worth a lot less than that.

https://cyclespecialty.com/Motorcycles-Harley-Davidson-ROADGLIDE-SCREAMING-EAGLE-1999-Fayetteville-GA-52607b50-2352-4409-a017-a9f501353267

·
Registered
299 Posts
That's what the add says, but I know that there wasn't a SE RG in 1999. Pics look like SE heads, but idk about the rest.

How do I know if it's a 88" or 95"? Do the 95SE motors have the same issues as the 88s? What do I look at to tell which motor it is? can you tell if it's carbureted or EFI from the pics? It's got 15k miles and they're asking $9.5k. if it's the stock 88 it's definitely worth a lot less than that.

https://cyclespecialty.com/Motorcycles-Harley-Davidson-ROADGLIDE-SCREAMING-EAGLE-1999-Fayetteville-GA-52607b50-2352-4409-a017-a9f501353267
2000 was the Screaming Eagle Road glide, had a 95CI engine, GPS, custom paint ect...he maybe ordered this in 1999 but it has to be a 2K model

but i could be off a year or so, just remember it from ordering 2 bikes in that era

first year of the CVO concept was 99, but it was crusiers not touring like FXR or something if I recall, as I remember when ordering my dads bike in that time frame they were pushing them as being a real special deal.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I’d ask the seller for the bike’s VIN and then contact Harley to confirm it’s authenticity and the original configuration. None of the sources I found on the interweb acknowledged the existence of a 1999 FLTRSE.

·
Registered
8,192 Posts
I think you're reading the time line wrong. It definitely says 2000.

But, you wouldn't touch it even if it's clean? And take $2k off the price?
You are correct. Eyes Arn't so good any more.
For seven K and verify the SE. Yes .

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Yeah as far as I remember, 2000 was the first year, Black white, and orange, or blue and black were the colors offered.Eagle head was painted on the fairing. Lights on the tourpak aren’t from that era. Run the vin, and let us know.

·
Registered
4,843 Posts
Yeah as far as I remember, 2000 was the first year, Black white, and orange, or blue and black were the colors offered.Eagle head was painted on the fairing. Lights on the tourpak aren’t from that era. Run the vin, and let us know.
Blue and grey were the '01. Black/orange and the triple red were the 2000 models.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
564 Posts
if you look u can find a 2009 or newer for close to the same price-ebay,cycletrader,chopper exchange,a place in tracy ca. has an online bidding site-good prices--good luck

·
Registered
246 Posts
Having owned two first year 2000 Screaming Eagle Roadglides, I can tell from the pics that bike is NOT a SERG. Year is wrong, paint is wrong, Tour pack is wrong (SERG's had a "chopped" tour pack). Someone may have added some "Screaming Eagle" components, but that doesn't make it a factory Screaming Eagle. As others have said, check the vin.

Price is way, way too high for what it is.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Okay, a little late to the party but yeah there are no 1999 SERGs. The first SERG (FLTRSEI1) came with the model year 2000 - btw I have the 2001 SERG (FLTRSEI2). Here are some photos of the 2000 SERGs:

It's hard to find these early SERGs today without a plethora of more or less nice mods... but the Bald Eagle on the front fairing is a tell tale sign. Also these SERGs had a detachable chopped Tour Pak w/ spoiler plus rear LEDs, a sissy bar and front adjustable back-rest.

The FLTR in question could be a 1999 model but the previous owners have done some mods. The front fender is not original same goes for the exhaust system.
In 1999 MoCo started the CVO lineup with the Dyna Super Glide and Low Rider.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
It is likely the people posting this have no idea what they have and they just see the "Screaming Eagle" on he heads so they listed it as such. Maybe they know and are trying to get one over on someone but I would bet they really don't understand the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts